Chapter 5

Leah stood beside Kara, staring down at Leslie Willis, her hair was no longer blonde it was now a bright silver, even her skin became a deathly white.

"I truly hate hospitals." Cat mumbles, "How much longer until it's appropriate for us to leave?"

"Mom, you don't mean that."

"Oh, I do. I am intensely germ-phobic. And I'm not crazy about Leslie's new do. It's very Katy Perry."

Kara held her hands together, "If you didn't care about Leslie, you wouldn't be paying for this hospital room. Does she have any family?"

"None that she has mentioned."

Leah glanced at all the flowers, "Then, who were those from?"

"Her fans. Apparently, there's a whole shrine in front of Catco. I'm certain I'm going to have to step over it when I go in."

Kara sighs, her solemn eyes staying on Leslie, "Supergirl must feel awful."

Leah scrunched her eyebrows together, "Why?"

"The pilot was saved, she prevented the CatCopter from crashing into the ground, and Leslie is still alive. I put her in that helicopter. If anybody should feel guilty, it's me. Not that I do. Okay, that's long enough. We've paid our respects, and I have a company to run. After you."

Leah glanced over at Kara, "Come on."

"There was another girl." Cat states, turning to the two, "Find out who she is, and what her relationship to Supergirl is."

Leah's eyes widen, quickly following Kara out of the hospital room, "My mom is going to find out I was the other woman."

"Trust me, she hasn't found out that I'm Supergirl, you're safe."

"Now my mom is going to label me."

"Well, it's going to better than Supergirl."

Leah wraps an arm around Kara, "I think that name is amazing."

♕~♕~♕~♕~♕

Katie stared at Miss Grant walked in the room, turning to Winn, "Did you see the photos all over social media?"

"Yeah, Leah used her powers." Winn mumbles, "Do you think Cat knows?"

"Uh..." Katie glanced at her, the woman was pacing in her office, then she began to type on her computer. "I'm not so sure..."

Then the T.V. went crazy, news reports popped up. "Uh... Oh wow."

"New reports coming from CatCo plaza, claiming yet another superhero. The mysterious woman from last night, who saved the pilot from his untimely demise, is now called Captain Marvel."

"She labeled Leah."

"Captain Marvel?" Winn questions.

"KERAH!"

Katie looked around, but Kara was not here, so she quickly scrambled into Cat's office, "Miss Grant, you gave Kara the rest of the day off, remember?"

"Right." Cat pursed her lips, noticing how Katie kept glancing at the TVs behind her, "You have something to say?"

"Uh, why did you name her Captain Marvel?"

"Marvel, short for marvelous." Cat puts her glasses on the table, "The captain adds effect."

"Oh..."

"It's Thanksgiving, Kathy." Cat waved her hand, "You and your hobbit brother may go."

"Oh um..." Katie nods, "Okay, uh. Are you and your daughter having Thanksgiving together?"