Chapter 14

Leah stood, arms crossed listening to the hologram of Kara's mother, her aunt, speak to them about their loss of powers. She continued to shift on her feet, eyes practically looking everywhere but the hologram.

"The loss of your powers is undeniably traumatic. You may feel confused, or even frightened they're lost forever. Your battle with the android drained your Kryptonian cells of their solar energy. You are now as vulnerable to your environment as any human, subject to pain, sickness, death. But have faith, Kara, Ka. Once your cells have reabsorbed sufficient radiation from Earth's yellow star, your powers should return. Do not be afraid. And until you have fully recovered, lean on those you trust." Leah glanced over at Kara, whose eyes had never left her mother's form, "It is my deep regret that I am unable to be there with you myself, my beloved daughter and beautiful niece. As always, my collected knowledge is at your disposal for further analysis."

"Thank you-" The hologram disappeared, "Mom..."

Leah put a hand on Kara's back, rubbing it lightly as the two walked out of the room. Alex approached them as they walked into the main hall, "This happens to Superman too, where he loses his powers for a couple days, right?"

"Yeah." Leah crossed her arms back over her chest, breathing uncomfortably, "It's been two days though, and we're still not feeling any different."

"You're just going stir-crazy because the DEO has been testing you all weekend. Now you get to go out in the real world and see what it's like to be human for a day." Alex tries with the two, but both girls didn't really enjoy the idea of being human for the day.

Hank suddenly appeared, making the three women turn around to look at him, "Might learn a thing or two about what it's like for the rest of us. How you two feeling?"

"Fine." Leah mumbled.

"I guess..." Kara adds, "If this is what fine feels like now."

"Kara is heading to work along with Leah." Alex explained to Hank, "I was going to walk them out."

"Hmm." Hank gave her a nod, "I'm off to deal with an unruly guest. Might need your help with him when you're done."

"Happy to, sir."

Leah and Kara stood silently as Hank walked away, Leah twisted her head to Alex, "Nice. I'd have no idea you suspect him of anything."

"I have to play it that way until I find out whether or not he was involved in Dad's death," Alex states, breathing in slightly.

"Do you really think he's involved? You've served with Hank for years." Kara whispered, rubbing at her arm.

"And all that time, he never told me Dad was an agent here at the DEO. Or that they were together when Dad died. Ev... Everything Hank has said to me has been a lie. I can't trust him anymore. I... I know he's hiding something."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie and Winn stood up when they saw Kara and Leah walk in, both violently sneezing and rubbing their noses. Katie skipped over, jumping back when Leah almost sneezed on her, "Hey guys... Wh-what's happening?"

"Oh, there was a 10-year-old on the bus with a runny nose." Kara waved it off, even Leah did, acting as if it was a normal sentence to leave her cousin's mouth.

Winn blinked, "Okay, you're late, you both took the bus and, what, you two have... You two have a cold?"

"We blew out our powers fighting those androids," Leah whispered under her breath, sniffling.

"What?" Katie gasps, "For how long?"

Kara grumbled at her desk, "Oh, stupid Red Tornado."

"Okay, we're going to help you figure this out," Katie mumbles, looking at Winn for some answers or anything.
"Oh, I still have the, uh... The Kryptonian bio-analytics from Alex's DEO files." Kara sneezes loudly, soon followed by Leah, "Yeah, we've got to find some answers."