Chapter 25

Katie looked over at Kara, then back at the television, then back at Kara. Leah was with Winn, she hadn't even noticed that Kara had a weird doppelganger flying around acting like her. Hank tilted his head slightly to look at her, "Not exactly one for your greatest hits reel."

Alex walked around Hank and over to Kara, "I sent a team to scan the area. No signs of extraterrestrial activity, so we can probably rule out an alien shapeshifter." Alex moved her eyes to Hank adding, "Unless there's something you're not telling us."

Hank put his arms behind his back, "The skirt was surprisingly comfortable, but no."

Katie moved from her spot, leaning her body against the large table, "Who could she be? Is it a clone?"

"Unlikely. Even if an enemy had harvested Kara's DNA when she came out as Supergirl, the embryo would still be in gestation." Alex explains but made Katie just blink a couple times.

Kara pressed her hands against the table, "What about Maxwell Lord?"

Katie's head shot up, nodding as she pointed at Kara, "Could he have done something to the young woman you saw when you broke into his lab?"

"She was comatose, her cerebral cortex functioning was almost nonexistent. Bringing her back to even partial consciousness would be like raising the dead."

"Are you sure?" Kara questions.

"Maxwell Lord does have a God complex. But he's not an actual God."

Katie tapped her fingers against the table, "I have a feeling he has something to do with this though."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

"Winn, Ms. Grant scheduled a content meeting in her office, but after that, we need to meet." Kara walked past Winn and Leah, sitting over at her desk.

Leah moved her eyes from the screen to her, "Is this about the truck you threw into a mountain?"

"Yes, but..." Kara clears her throat, "Um, that..." She leans in for a whisper, "That was not me."

Winn threw his hands in the air, "Nope. No, not interested." Winn tries to go back to his work, but he quickly turns back to Kara, whispering, "Okay, fine, I'm interested. Who was it?"

Leah turned in her seat, "I need to know now too, why was I not informed when this first happened?"

The elevator door pings, making Kara jump and look at Winn and Leah in terror, "Oh, my God, I forgot... Ms. Grant, I'm sorry, if you'll just give me a minute, I'll go get your latte." Katie walked in holding piles of paperwork in her hand, setting it on her desk with a 'hmph'.

"Oh, I had a little extra time this morning, so I stopped and I got my own." Cat twirled on her heels facing Kara, extending the lattes, "Oh, and I almost forgot, I picked one up for you, too. Spiced pumpkin with extra foam and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top." Katie rose an eyebrow, looking over at Leah in surprise.

"That's actually my go-to." Kara reluctantly took the latte from her, almost afraid it was a trap.

"Hmm." Cat gave her a smile, then noticed the eyes on her. She turned back, heading into her office. Winn dropped his mouth open, giving Kara a 'what the fuck just happened' look. She could only shrug, smelling the latte for poison. Kara followed Cat into her office, getting ready for the meeting.

Katie leaned against her desk, "What on earth was that? Was Miss Grant being nice to Kara?"

Leah slowly nodded her head, "Guys, I'm even terrified right now."

Winn eyes never left Miss Grant's office, "Did something happen yesterday that we're not aware of?"

Leah clapped her hands together, "Oh!" She laughed in amusement, "Kara has a date with Adam, that's why she's acting really nice."