Chapter 20

Leah was already having a terrible day and when Kara told her what her mom did, her adoptive mom did, she rushed over to CatCo. She walked into her mother's office, not caring if she was busy or not, "Mom."

Cat pulled her glasses off, looking up at her, "Yes, Leah dear?"

"You're firing Kara?"

Cat hummed, "I'm not firing Ker-rah." She moved her hands together, "I'm simply outing her."

"Mom, she's not Supergirl." Leah sighs loudly, "You're going to cost Kara her job, she works hard here."

"And if she can prove to me that she is not Supergirl she can keep her job," Cat explains as if it was the simplest thing.

Leah bit the inside of her lip, thinking of ways to convince her mom that Kara was not Supergirl, "Mom..." She walked out to the veranda, "Come talk with me out here. I need the fresh air."

Cat sighs, strutting over to her daughter, "Leah, I know you want me to believe-"

Leah pushed her over the side of the veranda, Cat's scream echoed loudly as she plummeted down to earth. Leah jumped off the side, quickly in her costume, discarding her clothes on the veranda and caught her mom before she hit the ground, flying back up to the veranda and setting her gently down.

Instead of the reaction, Leah was expecting, Cat began to hit her daughter, even if it did no damage, "You just threw your mother off a roof to prove a point!"

"Mom." Leah groans, "Look, I am Captain Marvel, and I can tell you that Kara is not Supergirl."

"Yes, you've proven to me that you, my baby girl, is an alien that saves the city, but you have not given me the proof that Ker-rah is not Supergirl."

"Mom!" Leah exhales, "You don't believe me."

"This is my hypothesis, and you know how I feel about being right."

Leah threw her hands up in the air, as her mom sauntered back into her office, "I've literally outed myself as Captain Marvel and all you care about is proving Kara wrong?"

Cat smiled over at her, "Yes, dear. It is true, I was not expecting you to be Captain Marvel, but now that I know, your secret is safe with me."

Leah's arms dropped down to her side, still in her suit, her eyes following her mother as she left the room. She got so upset she flew out of the place.

Katie sat at her desk typing away, doing her normal day work, when Leah walked over, dressed in her normal clothes, "Why did I see Captain Marvel standing in Miss Grant's office?"

"Because I told my mom."

Katie's typing stopped entirely, her head quickly turning to Leah, "You did what?"

Leah rubbed at the side of her arm, "I told my mother, I thought if she knew that Captain Marvel was me, she would back off of Kara."

"Did she back off?"

Leah shook her head, readjusting her glasses, "She's stubborn."

"I see where you got it from." Katie muses, turning her attention back to her work. Leah grabbed the cord of the computer and tugged it out, "All my work!"

"Please, you were on Tumblr." Leah rolled her eyes, she plopped down in the seat next to her.

Katie gasped at her, looking mock offended, "Hey, all that work was important. My blog will not write itself."

"What is your blog about?"

Katie scratched the back of her head, "Aliens."

Leah pursed her lips, leaning back into the chair, "Aliens? Right, Winn is your twin."