Chapter 11

Katie glanced over at Winn as James and Lucy played the game. Her head fell back on the couch, while Winn's eyes kept going to his phone. Leah hadn't shown up yet, and Winn hadn't received a call yet.

"Okay! I absolutely hate the texture of this in my mouth."

"Eggplant!"

"Yes!" She pulled another card from the deck, "Oh! We've always wanted to go to this place!"

"Machu Picchu! Yes!"

"Yes! Uh, 'Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.'"

"The Godfather! Yes!"

"Yes. We had an amazing four hours at this one place in Cabo..."

"Time!" Kara interjected quickly, "Times up."

Winn glanced down at his phone as it buzzed, sighing in relief to Leah's response, "Guys, Leah is running a little late. She got caught up with her mom."

Katie moved her head slightly to look at Winn, "Thank God." She moved her head to notice that Kara was motioning for Winn to be her partner, so she just watched the couple try and horribly fail at Heads Up, "Time." Katie scratched the back of her head, "No points..."

Lucy moved forward, taking the last card, "Okay, I want to know what that last one was."

"Oh... don't-"

Lucy smiled, "Ooh, Superman. You should have just said Jimmy Olsen's special boyfriend." She moved to look at the group, "I met his cousins today, Supergirl and Captain Marvel."

"Wow." Kara says through a tight smile, "You... you did?"

"Yeah. I wasn't that impressed. It's like when you see a movie star in person and you're like, 'Is that it?' I guess that's it."

Katie and Winn glance at one another, looking down awkwardly, while Kara's jaw tensed as she gave James a large smile, "You guys ready to go home? I'm getting pretty tired."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Katie was stopped by Alex, "No, no."

"What?"

Alex put her hands on her hips, expression stern, "You're not going with us."

"Why? I'm a DEO agent now, aren't I? I went through the extensive-painful training, so why am I not allowed to see my friends fight some stupid robot the government created?"

"Because of Lucy Lane, she knows you. It could blow Kara and Leah's cover. So it's best if you just listen in." Alex handed her a com, "You should be able to hear what's happening."

"Thank you, Alex."

Leah and Kara glaze over at each other, then back at the Red Robots looking their way. "They're creepy looking right?"

Kara nodded, "Yeah, how was last night? I'm sorry I had to cut the game night before you could get there."

"Oh, it was fine. Winn and Katie brought me home to their apartment, a little awkward because of Katie, but she hid in her room the whole time and allowed us to watch Netflix and chill."

Kara's eyes widen, "D-do you know what Netflix and chill mean?"

"Yes, Kara, but less frick-frack more snick-snack."

Kara released a fit of giggles when the robot suddenly moved their way. One of them slammed right into Leah, making her release a loud groan. Leah flew up, using her freeze breath on the robot, but it had moved out of the way, it's arms began to swirl and create tornadoes causing Leah to slam hard into the floor. "Fuck!" She got up from her spot, wiping the dirt from her suit, "You know if this suit tears you owe me a new one!" She flew head first into the robot, her fists slamming down hard on the robot's chest, then she used her laser vision to make the robot fall on its knees, ceasing its movements. She stood up from the floor, wiping her lips as she turned to see how Kara was doing. "Supergirl." Her eyes widen when Kara is repeatedly beating the robot but it wasn't moving.