Chapter 41

"Max, how exactly do you plan on killing an army of Supermans?" Cat followed him out of the room.

Max turned to the group, "I'll tell you the plan when I know you're all on board."

Kara shook her head, "Killing is never the solution."

"Except we're way past villains-of-the-week and kittens stuck in trees. We're at war. And the only way to win a war is to kill the enemy before they kill us. So, time to grow up and put on the big girl cape."

Cat moved closer to Katie, "Oh, it looks like someone made it through security."

Non walked in, "The son of Jor-El has already knelt before me. Soon you will too." Leah took a step forward, blocking Kara, "I don't want to fight you, my child."

"Why?" Leah glares at him, "Afraid I'll win?"

"You've already lost. Accept it and the glorious fulfillment of Astra's vision. In the end, she defeated you."

Leah looked around, "This doesn't look like victory to me. And all you're doing is betraying her. I was with my mother in her final moments. We forgave each other, we paid respect to our blood bonds. She didn't want this."

"Of course she did. It's what everyone wants, is it not? Peace on Earth. Goodwill towards man."

Cat stepped forward, not afraid because she knew her daughter would protect her, "It's a lot less like Christmas out there and more like Dawn of the Dead."

"The human race finally has a chance to live. Or it would suffer the same fate as Krypton. And the same thing is happening on Earth, with a populace more interested in reality stars and political circuses than working together to solve the world's problems."

"So, mind control is the answer to global warming?" Max clicks his tongue, "Why didn't I think of that?"

"Thanks to Myriad, there are no more racial divisions, no Republicans, no Democrats. Only one people, working with one purpose towards one goal. To save the world."

"This is not saving." Katie points to her brother, "This is enslavement. Humanity is better than this."

Kara circled around him, "If you really want this planet to avoid the fate of Krypton, then work with us."

"With these people? These two are the best of your world and all they do is help the populace amuse themselves to death. If anything, they laid the groundwork for me."

Winn suddenly moved, "You've already turned us into drones."

Leah ran over to him, "Winn? Winn, can you hear me?"

"Your inventions have drowned out sense and turned it into nonsense." James suddenly spoke.

Kelly stood from her seat, "But now everyone is united, everyone's creativity and thought dedicated to eradicating famine, disease, climate change."

Max looked over at Non, "You're harvesting the brain power of everyone in the city to solve the world's problems? National City is a giant think tank?"

"This is not the way to solve the world's problems."

Allison, another worker at Catco stood from her seat, "Your heroics have done nothing to save the planet."

Dylan stood up from his desk, "This is the inevitability of Myriad."

"Father, stop this!"

"These are your friends, aren't they?"

"Let them go."

"I've have lived with loss. Allow me to return the favor."

Winn, James, Kelly, Allison, Dylan, Richard, and Sam all began to walk toward the veranda. Katie looked over, "What are you doing to them?"