Chapter 38

Katie watched as Siobhan was prodded with needles in the medical room, her gaze turned to Kara, "What is she? Do you think she could be a mutant?"

"I don't know." Kara shrugs, "She's definitely not a Fort Rozz escapee. Trust me. We checked."

"And you're sure you don't recognize her from Krypton?" Katie questions.

"No. But it was a big place. We didn't all know each other."

Katie pushed her hair from her face, "She fell four stories, Kara. There's not a scratch on her. The only other person I know capable of that is you and Leah."

Kara sighs, walking off, "Well, maybe she should be National City's new hero."

"Kara, I know that winning the people back hasn't been going well-"

"I have tried everything I can think of. Last night I helped a family assemble their IKEA table. It's still not enough. One mistake. That's all it took to just erase all the good I did before."

Katie adjusts her glasses, "You were poisoned, it wasn't your fault."

"People don't know that. All they know is that this symbol doesn't mean what it used to anymore."

Katie's head turned when she saw a woman approaching them, "Dr. Hamilton, how is Siobhan? How did she survive her belly flop on the sidewalk?"

"She emitted a high-frequency sound wave so powerful, it literally cushioned her fall and pulverized the cement."

"So you're saying that my-" Katie stammered, "Siobhan is an alien?"

"Nope." Dr. Hamilton shook her head, "DNA analysis confirms she is a human. And before you can ask, she's not a mutant either."

"So how does she have this power?" Kara questions, wanting to know as well.

"Do you believe in miracles?"

Siobhan heard everything, looking at them, "So none of you know what's wrong with me? Thanks for nothing." Katie sighs, chasing after her, "That was such a waste of time."

"Hey, at least you're not an alien or a mutant." Katie chuckles, "Not that they are bad. I know a few aliens and a mutant and I like them-"

"You said these people could help me. And speaking of aliens, since when do you know Supergirl?"

Katie opened her mouth, "I-I would have told you."

"When?"

"I don't know." Katie shrugs, "Maybe if we would have gone on an actual date."

"I'm scared, Katie," Siobhan admits.

Katie walks forward, grabbing Siobhan in her hands, "I know, I know. I'm sorry. We're gonna figure this out. Together. All right? No one here is abandoning you, Siobhan, including me." Katie stepped back when Siobhan grabbed her head and groaned, "Hey, hey, easy. Are you alright?"

"I need to go."

Katie looked at her, "Okay, let's get you back to Dr. Hamilton."

Siobhan pushed past her, "I said I need to go."

🔥~🔥~🔥~🔥~🔥

Katie smiled, talking with one of her coworkers as she waited for her copies to print, she glanced back to see Siobhan enter the office, "Hey. Um... What are you doing here? Uh, gentle reminder, you were banned from the building. If Cat sees you she's gonna call security. Or worse, she's gonna get a restraining order. That's like her favorite thing to get people." Siobhan slams her arm into Katie's shoulder, forcing her to fall to the ground. Katie got up quickly, running over to Kara.