Chapter 31

"Looks like your masked kidnapper was using advanced extraterrestrial weaponry."

Alex leaned back in her seat, "Well, the big question is, where did he take our target?"

"And why." Katie mumbles, she was fully in her super suit, her hands pressed against the table as another memory of Krypton went through her.

"Maybe he had some beef he needed to settle." Leah and Kara walk in, "Since when don't you call us?"

"I thought it might be a good idea to give you some time off."

Kara held her glare, "When I need time off, I'll fill out a request form with HR. Until then if there's a dangerous alien to catch I'd like to be included. Sir."

"Is he human?" Leah questions.

"Couldn't tell under all that armor."

Leah crossed her arms over her chest, "What would he want with an alien who eats rotting flesh?"

"The vulture he captured could be wanted on a dozen other worlds for crimes he committed long before he wound up in Fort Rozz." Hank says, "We could be dealing with an interstellar bounty hunter."

"You don't think-"

"No. No. If he were in town, we'd know." Katie was curious to what they were talking about, she moved away, using her DEO tablet to search the database of bounty hunters, one popped up, Lobo, but she decided not to ask and pay attention to the task at hand.

Alex sighs, almost grateful that whoever they were speaking of, was not what they were dealing with, "I ran all the images of the kidnapper through our database. Nothing matches up."

"Maybe if he's done this before, he's run into local law enforcement."

"We could interview NCPD. See if some of their missing persons are our missing aliens."

Leah moved her arms down to her sides, "Where do you think he took that guy?"

"As far as we know, he could be anywhere in the galaxy."

Hank looked over at Katie, "Agent Schott, you will be accompanying Alex and I to the NCPD. You need more field training in that category."

"Yes, sir."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie tugged at the uncomfortable pan suit she was in, standing behind Alex as Hank knocked on the door, "Agent Danvers, Schott, and Henshaw. FBI."

"I'm Detective Warren. He's Draper."

"We're looking into a recent kidnapping in National City." Hank pulled up the photo, "This is our primary suspect."

The men chuckled, "Halloween already, huh?"

"Any help would be appreciated."

"Feds come crawling." Agent Warren smirks, "You must be embarrassed."

Katie put her hands behind her back, tightening her fists, "As long as the job gets done, doesn't matter who helps. I mean, look at you guys."

"Meaning?"

"Crime's gone way down in National City over the last few months, a lot of thanks to Supergirl and Captain Marvel. But you don't mind that they help, do you?"

Warren's smirk drops, "I got an interview with a donut. Wouldn't want to be late."

"Yup. Sorry about Warren. He's a good cop. He's just, uh, not enlightened."

"Anything you can tell us?"

"Not much. We don't know who this guy is. We know he's been kicking around for months, though."