Chapter 35

Katie walked out of her room, still in her pajamas, her hair a complete mess, toothbrush in her mouth. She paused when she saw Kara walk out of her room, "What is that?"

"What is what?" Kara sauntered out of her room, in heels, grabbing a water from the fridge.

"What is on your body and feet?" Katie says, almost terrified.

Kara looked down at herself, "I felt like I needed a change. Oh, and-" She walked into her room, walking out with a dress and heels, "For you."

"I'm fine with my-"

"I won't take no for an answer."

Katie stared warily at the close, but accepted them from her, she went into her room. Simply brushed her nest of hair and slid the dress on, holding the heels in her hand as she walked out.

Kara clapped her hands, "Totally sexy, now put the heels on."

Katie does what she is told, looking at herself in the mirror, "I look like Miss Grant."

"Because she has fashion." Kara simply says, she fluffed Katie's hair, "Makeup would be nice."

"I am not going to put makeup on."

Kara held out some eyeliner to her, "Please."

Katie grumbled but took it from her, "Only because you said please." She put on some eyeliner as fast as she could, "Okay, can we go to work?"

"Let's."

Katie readjusted her glasses, looking at Kara as she walked behind her. She was almost terrified by the way she was acting.

Katie's heels clacked against the floor as she followed Kara out of the elevator to CatCo, she rubbed her arm, looking over at James, his mouth dropped, he looked at Katie, who only gave him a shrug and pointed at Kara.

"Morning," Kara says to Siobhan and Winn. Winn looks at his sister, tilting his head at her, while Siobhan held the paper in her hand for a little longer, "What? I was getting tired of our old clothes."

"Yeah, we all were." Siobhan's eyes flickered to Katie as she moved over to Winn.

"Ker-rah, look at you dressed like an adult. That's promising. Mmm, even Kathy. So, I demanded a list of replacements for Lucy Lane, like, yesterday."

"Miss Grant-"

Kara already handed her paper to Miss Grant, "Ah, here you are. I already checked all their references and ranked them according to who you'll find the least annoying."

"Oh, any Republicans?"

"Two reformed."

"Excellent. Oh, and look at that. A reward." Cat handed a folder to Kara, "Someone gifted me tickets for Club Apocalypse for Friday night to see a Scandinavian DJ whose name I won't even try to pronounce."

"Thank you." Kara accepted them, "I will put them to good use."

Siobhan crumbled the list she had made, "Do you even know how to dance?"

"Don't be jealous." Kara played with the tickets, "Or do, I don't really care."

Winn turned to Katie, mouthing, 'What the hell?'

Katie shrugged her shoulder, not knowing how to answer anything. Kara got up from her seat and walked away. Katie got up, slowly walking to Siobhan.

Siobhan glanced up, "You look pretty."

"Thanks, I didn't really want to wear this." Katie shrugs, "Are you alright?"

"Why wouldn't I be?" Siobhan questions, going back to her work, a tight smile on her face.