Chapter 18

"It seems Cat Grant's silence regarding the Catco hack is about to be broken. But will today's press conference be a victory for the magnate or a very sudden fall?"

Leah's eyes left the screen, turning to face her mother, the woman she called mom more than Astra, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Well, like taxes, aging, and participating in Martha Stewart's annual Secret Santa, this is something I have to do. I don't know what I'm going to do after this. I don't know if there is anything I can do."

Kara followed behind her, "I'm pretty sure you can do anything, Ms. Grant."

"Kerah." Cat turned around, "Whatever comes next, for what it's worth, you always have a job with me if you want it. Shall we?"

"Kara!" Katie called out, Winn, Lucy, and Jame running behind her, "Hey."

Kara looked at the group, "What are you guys doing here?"

"Saving the day!" Winn grins over at Leah.

James handed Cat a piece of paper, "Take a look at this."

"Where did you get this?"

Katie scratched the back of her head, "Ah, well..."

"It... You know, it's probably better if we don't tell you, Ms. Grant."

"From a legal standpoint," Lucy adds in.

"I recognize four out of the five of you."

"Uh, this is my girlfriend," James says.

"Lucy Lane."

Cat's head swivels to Kara, "Lois Lane's kid sister?"

"Yes."

"Well, congratulations, you got the looks." Cat's attention was back on Kara, "You launched this investigation of Dirk because?"

"Because I... I overheard something he said after the board... Actually, uh, it was what you said, about him, uh, smelling blood."

"Mmhmm." Cat wasn't all convinced, "Ker-rah, stall the press and tell that walking personification of white male privilege to come to my office."

Katie snorted, "Leah, your mom is great."

Cat smirked at Katie, walking into her office, "I know I am."

The group stood outside of Cat's office, waiting as Dirk spoke with her. Once they saw the guards come and take him out, Leah grinned, "Good, that guy was a dick."

"You did it."

"We all did it."

Kara and Leah walk off, probably going to get some stuff done for Cat Grant. Winn chased after Leah to give her a kiss goodbye. James leaned against the table, "Katie, I'm really sorry about before. I didn't... I didn't quite get it."

"Get what?"

"How lonely you are."

Katie looked up at James, her mouth opening, "Wha-No, that's-No, I have all you guys as my friends."

"Katie." James sighs, "Look, yeah we're your friends, but it's obvious that you want to be in a relationship, and it bothers you that everyone around you basically has someone. I understand."

Katie inhales, her eyes still on Winn and Leah, both instead of taking the elevator, walk to the stairs, "You and Lucy, Winn and Leah, how could you possibly understand?"

"I understand that everyone deserves someone." James sighs, "And you don't seem to be putting yourself out there, I'm sure any guy in National City would love to be with you."