Chapter 28

Leah paced back and forth in her room, "I don't understand, something has to be causing this."

"Ka, nothing is wrong. I told you. You're safe at home."

Leah's head whipped toward her Aunt, "This is not my home. My home is back on..." Her words faltered, her brain was trying to find the correct word, "Back on... Earth!"

"Earth is thousands of light years away. And why would I ever send you to that primitive planet?"

Leah took a step away from her Aunt, labored breath as she took a turn and ran out of the room. She was determined to find her way home, to find her family, her friends, and the man she fell in love with. Her footsteps stopped, at the sight of Zor-El.

"Ka."

"Uncle?" Her eyes flickered to her aunt, shaking her head, "No. No, this is... Cannot be real. This is not real. This is not real." She turned away from them, running back where she came.

Her eyes stopped on her Uncle, "It's the fever again."

"I remember playing right there." Leah's heart thumped in her chest, walking in slowly, she knelt next to a table, "And I made this crack when I tripped over chasing after my mother."

"Yet, even after you fell, you got right back up again." Leah twisted her head back to the doorway, where her father and mother stood smiling down at her, "Nothing can keep you down."

Anger flared inside Leah's chest as she yelled at her mother and father, "You did this to me! You, you did this to me!"

"Ka!" Kara was there suddenly, in a white gown, similar to her black one, "Stop! Stop it!"

"No!" Leah pushed Kara off of her, "You and father are behind this!"

"Ka." Kara grabbed Leah's shoulders gently, "What on earth are you talking about? Why would Aunt Astra and Uncle Non try and hurt you? You are their loving daughter."

Leah shook her head, her eyes still trained on her parents, "No, I fought both of you days ago back on... Um... Why can't I remember?"

"All nightmares end the longer we are awake."

"No, wait... I still... I feel it. I have glimpses of... ...flying."

Her mother smiled down at her, "We only fly in our dreams, Ka."

"I have friends there who need me. Family..." A glimpse of a blonde woman sitting on a desk flashed through her memories but left as soon as it came.

"Ka."

Leah turned her head to see her little cousin, smiling up at her, "Kal-El."

Kal-El moved over to her, holding up his toy to her, "Do you remember how to open it?" Leah chuckled at him, taking the object from his hands. She spun it around, moving it to its correct position. It blared open, revealing a hologram of the universe. "Look, Ka. There's Krypton."

Kara walked over, wrapping an arm around Leah, "Isn't it beautiful?"

Ka nodded her head, a smile on her face, "It's so beautiful."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie sighs, her eyes falling on Alex as the two stood in the apartment. Katie actually lived here, and Kara not being there as her roommate made her feel awful. She put a hand on Alex's shoulder, "We'll get them back."