Chapter 17

Leah flew up with Kara, her eyes pinned on her mother, but she didn't speak, she just looked at her. "Astra!" Kara squinted at her, "No bodyguards?"

"No knife. No armor. No one besides you and me. Will you talk to me now? You can't say it's not fair."

Kara growled at her, "We're done being fair." She used her heat vision to knock Astra out of the air.

Leah recoiled back but flew after Kara as they fought. When Astra got the better hand, she used her heat vision against the two, making them fly off. Kara looked over at Leah, who nodded her head. Both girls went in different directions, Leah flew up to her mother and punched her to where Kara was at. Kara slammed her through a building, causing rubble to fall down toward the citizens. Leah flew down and caught it, using it against her mother, making Astra plummet to the ground.

Leah landed to the floor, only to have a car make her go flying in another direction. She groaned, getting up from her spot to see Astra standing above Kara on the floor. Leah got up and flew into her mother, pushing her into the floor. "Don't touch her!" Leah threw punch after punch until Astra was on the ground, she lifted her fist one more time but stared down at her mother's face. Her hand shook before it unballed, she stood up, breathing heavily. Kara walked over, hitting Astra again causing her to pass out.

Leah walked into the DEO with Kara, dragging Astra behind her, "Here."

"Containment. Now." Henshaw yells out.

Alex comes over to the two girls, "We'll call you when she wakes up."

"Don't." Leah says, "She can rot."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie skipped over to Kara and Leah, "First of all, I am very happy that you two weren't murdered by Astra."

"Thanks, Katie."

"And second, I got a plan to get Armstrong." Winn says, looking up at them as they all walked in, "Actually, couldn't be easier. All I gotta do is plant this little device on Armstrong's computer, and then I'll be able to access, remotely and discreetly, all of his files."

"So... So how do we get it on the computer?"

Winn kind of looks at Katie before explaining to Kara, "Um, well, um... One of us is going to have to go over there and do it. I'm... I'm... I gonna have to be running point at my keyboard along with Katie. And, well, I figured that Kara and Leah should be on lookout. They've got the X-Ray vision."

"Ooh." James gave him a sarcastic smile, "So I'm the one who gets arrested if this doesn't work out."

"James, you don't have to."

"No. It's all good. Okay. How do I do this?"

"Yes. Okay, so once we're in Dirk's office, we'll need a distraction." Winn says, looking over at Katie.

Everyone got into positions, Katie picked up the phone speaking to Armstrong's secretary, "Uh, yeah, uh, Mr. Armstrong's Maserati is on fire." She puts the phone down, looking at Winn, "You know I could have actually lit it on fire."

"Yeah, I know." Winn turns back to the computer, "James, you have approximately 90 seconds to get in and out before Armstrong returns."

"Okay, I'm in." Winn high-fived Katie, "Guys, we got a problem. The computer is plastic."

Katie sat next to Winn, "Dude, that's okay. You just, just pry open the monitor's cooling vent and attach the bug to the inner wiring."

Winn leaned back into his seat, "What is the point of having all these muscles if you can't open a stupid little plastic box?"