Chapter 8

"You're going on a date with that desk troll?"

Leah rolled her eyes at her mother's outburst, "Mom, he's cute and really sweet. He has a job, working for you, by the way. So if you want to do a full background check like usual go ahead."

"Last time it was that girl from Greece, and before that, that boy from Spain." Kat waved her hand, packing her suitcase, "Why don't I have a butler or something do this."

"Because you're independent and a raging feminist."

"Correct." Kat smiled up at her adoptive daughter, pushing her 'light' luggage for a day event. "Well... Uh, sweetie, are you-do you really like this boy?"

"I mean." Leah sat down on her mother's bed, "He's very cute, like an attractive older guy kind of cute, and you know how I like nerdy guys, and may I repeat, he is sweet."

"I understand that, but I don't want you leading on another guy." Kat sighs, sitting down beside her daughter, leaning her head against Leah's shoulder, "Before I leave, remember to check in on your brother."

"I know, I know. Kara is babysitting him." Leah waves her hand, moving up to head out to her date, "I need to get dressed for my date."

"What kind of date is it? He's poor, so I'm assuming something cheap."

"Wouldn't know, I said it was completely fine for him to decide."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Katie stared at her brother oddly, watching him trip around the apartment, playing with the bracelet on her wrist, "What in the world are you doing?"

"I have a date."

"With who?" Katie raised an eyebrow at him, knowing damn well that Kara was not the female that was currently making him so frazzled.

"Leah."

"Kat Grant's adoptive daughter, the other Kryptonian in your life?" Katie burst out in laughter, "You're joking right?" She noticed the long pause, "Oh my God you're not. Really? She said yes to you."

"She actually asked me out."

Katie choked on her own saliva, "Wow! You finally have a date."

"Coming from you."

"Touche." Katie sneered, then falling back on the couch, almost lighting it on fire from her bracelet. "Oops."

"I thought they said that bracelet would stop your powers."

Katie rubbed the back of her head, "Well, they said it might have a couple of bugs."

Winn looked at her, backing up ever so slightly, "Okay."

"Where are you bringing her?"

"Well..." Winn winced, "I, uh, haven't thought of that."

"You need to think of it, isn't your date in a-" Katie checked her watch, "A half an hour. Bro, you're actually fucked."

Winn's eyes widened, flinging into his room, "KATIE HELP ME!"

"Bring her to a restaurant or something. Like, do you even have the money to be bringing her on a fancy date?"

"Do I look like I've got a money?"

"Good point." Katie messes with her hair, "Well, do you know enough about her?"

"I need to know! I want to know." Winn cries out from his room, coming out in his normal attire. "Please, I need help."

"Bring her out to a cafe, a simple date. Get to know each other, and then actually spend money on the girl."