Chapter 6

Katie and Leah ran into the office, only allowed because Leah stated that she was Cat Grant's daughter, otherwise, the guards would have kicked the two out immediately. Leah ran to her mother, arms wrapping around her in an instant.

"Oh, Leah. Strong grip."

Leah released her, "Oh, um, sorry mother."

Cat gave her daughter an odd look, "Leah, what are you doing here?"

"Kara called me. She said you were attacked."

Cat turned her head to look at Kara, "Did she now?"

Kara fixed her glasses, "I'm sorry, I thought that your daughter should know that you were in danger."

Katie grinned, "Thank goodness Supergirl was there to save you."

"Maybe if Captain Marvel was there as well Leslie would have been stopped." Cat waltzed into her office, "I mean Livewire."

Kara glanced at Leah, when Hank walked into the room, "Miss Grant, may I speak with Miss Danvers?"

"Of course." Cat waved her hands, allowing Kara to follow Hank out of the room. "Leah, sweetheart, I think that it is best if you'd leave the premises before Livewire returns."

"Mom-"

"No, I am your mother and you will listen to me." Cat warned, "If you were injured because of my choices it would kill me."

Katie felt uncomfortable being in the room, she has never seen Cat Grant act in such a way, it gave her a shock. She backed up silently, making sure the couple didn't notice it. She moved outside, shutting the door when Hank came over to her.

"Miss Schott, your DNA examples have been analyzed, I'd like to talk you back to the DEO and explain with your results in hand."

Katie's hand moved to her forearm, suddenly realization hitting her, that she had absolutely forgotten about her crazy powers. "Of course, Director Henshaw."

When she was walked into the DEO, she felt a sudden dread, not exactly wanting to know what was wrong with her. Henshaw handed her a clipboard, her photo and everything about her was on it, "Your body contains elements of dark matter."

"Dark matter?" Katie questions.

"It seems to have infused with your blood, your whole system, giving you metahuman powers." Alex states, "There are traces of solar energy inside of you."

"As in the sun?"

"Something like that," Henshaw says.

♕~♕~♕~♕~♕

Kara approached Leah, "I heard from Winn that you have a suit."

Leah laughs, "Of course he'd be proud of that, he made the suit." She turned to notice Kara was staring intently at her, "Why are you here Kara?"

"To ask you to protect your mother with me."

Leah smiles, "Sounds like fun."

"Suit up."

Kara and Leah flew to the balcony, Leah tugged at the suit, but stayed confident beside Kara, "Hello, Ms. Grant."

Cat stood up, surprised to see Captain Marvel beside Supergirl, seeing a resemblance between the two, "You know, if you would just give me your cell phone number, I wouldn't have to do so much back-channeling." Her eyes trail back to Captain Marvel, "And what a non-surprise to see that you work alongside Supergirl. Now, you want to catch Livewire, so do I. I can draw her out, but then we'll have to work together. What do you say? Partners?"