Chapter 19

"I'd like to address the rumors of an incident at Lord Technologies."

Leah cringes, "Oh this is gonna be ugly."

"We're the target of industrial espionage. Thankfully, there were no casualties and those responsible have been apprehended. Thank you."

Katie stood up straight, "He's covering up the attack."

Kara paused the video, "What is he up to?"

"Well, let me see what I can find out," James suggested.

Kara twisted to him quickly, "No way. No! Max Lord is way too dangerous."

"Hey, I've dusted off my press credentials. Let me just talk to him, see what I can dig up."

Leah turned her head at the sound of her mother, "Mom's on her way up."

Kara began to shuffle at the thought of Miss Grant, "Um, today, we have to seem really, really normal. Like, like not just normal-normal, but super-normal. Only, no... No super."

"Are you having a stroke?" Winn points at Kara, turning his head to Katie, "Is this what a stroke looks like?"

"Miss Grant thinks I'm Supergirl," Kara says under her breath.

"What?" Winn and James exclaim in unison.

"I will handle it. But if she sees us acting weird, it's gonna blow everything. I just need to heat up her coffee..."

Katie saw the prints underneath, "Uh, maybe not on that-"

The coffee pops up, pouring everywhere, Kara yelps, "What do we do?"

"That got everywhere!" Winn whines out.

"All right, all right. Round 2, round 2." James poured a normal brewed cup of coffee in a mug.

Leah facepalmed, "Oh dear God."

"Good idea. Hurry." Kara stammers, "I gotta hurry." She jogs out of the room, everyone just looking at her.

Katie looked down, picking up Kara's glasses, "Uh, this is-" James gasped, grabbing them and rushing after her.

Winn puffs out his cheeks, "Yeah, she's doomed."

Leah groans out, "Poor Kara."

Winn grabs Leah by her hand, pulling her over, "I wanted to talk with you."

Katie looked over and groaned, "Ew, yeah, I'm leaving."

Leah laughed, "What, Winn?"

"So uh, we've gone on dates, I sang to you, you even moved into my apartment." Winn stammers on, "And uh, I never, uh, I never actually asked you to be my official girlfriend..."

Leah giggles, intertwining her fingers with Winn, "And that answer is yes, most definitely yes."

Winn sighs in relief, "G-good."

"You know what we need?" Leah asks.

"Sushi?"

"Yeah." Leah held his hand, "I'm sure my mom won't be mad if I steal you for the day."

"Another date Miss Grant... ugh, yeah, no, I can't call you Miss Grant, that makes me think of your mother."

Leah laughed at him, "Yeah." She pulled out her phone, "I'm gonna order out and we can eat back at your apartment while watching The Avengers on Netflix."

"Did I ever tell you how much you looked like the Black Widow?"

"I get that a lot." Leah nods.

"I mean you are much more badass." Winn smiles, walking next to her, as she texted the Sushi place.