Chapter 10

Katie ducked underneath Vasquez's fist, rolling on the floor away from the female. She quickly got up from the floor, using her momentum to trip the agent to the floor. She backed up slightly, making sure she had room between them. She wiped her bottom jaw, her breathing steadying after the rapid movement. Vasquez turned to Katie but instead of attacking, stopped and began to clap at her instead.

Katie's arms were still up, but Vasquez came over and put them down, "No need to still be on the defense, Miss Schott."

Katie slowly let her arms fall to her sides, "Why did you stop?"

"Because you pass."

Katie gave her an odd look, "I pass?"

"You catch on really fast." Vasquez motioned for her to follow, "I think you're ready to be a full-time DEO agent."

Katie looked at her funny, "Are you serious?"

"Yes." Vasquez nods, "I'll have a talk with Henshaw, get you a badge, you'll be officially on the team. Once that happens we'll work with your control of your powers."

Katie tugged at the bracelets on her wrists, "That man, Harrison Wells, can uh...am I allowed to read up on him?"

Vasquez turned to her, "Are you sure?"

"Yes, please." Katie mumbles, her fingers fumbling with the cloth of the skin tight suit that every female agent has, pulling at it.

Vasquez released a loud sigh, "Search him up on the internet, there's enough about him on there."

Leah walked into the room, "Oh... Was I interrupting one of your sessions?"

"No, we just finished." Vasquez walked out.

Katie smiled and waved, "Hey, Leah, what are you doing at the DEO?"

"Taking a break from being a superhero, Kara's doing the rounds on the city." Leah answers, walking alongside Katie, "What are you doing? Well, what are you doing now?"

"I'm going to use one of the DEO computers to look up Harrison Wells, the man that they claim made me a metahuman."

Leah scrunched her eyebrows together, "That's unlikely, though, Harrison Wells doesn't study..." She paused, "Never mind, I better call Winn."

Katie ignores the first half of what Leah says and immediately cringed, "Ugh, yeah, how's dating my brother?"

"He is a sweet little troll." Leah giggles, becoming mushy in a split second, "He's so nerdy and awkward it's absolutely adorable."

Katie gives Leah a disgusted look, "I can never think of my brother that way."

"Most siblings wouldn't think of each other romantically, I mean, my cousin Clark, I don't understand why Lois Lane is so attracted to him."

"I'm attracted to him." Katie interjects, "Have you not... Oh okay, I understand how that works now."

Leah gave a little snort of amusement, "I told you so. I'll talk with you later."

Katie dropped down in one of the various seats in the DEO, using the computer that was in front of her to search up Harrison Wells, but instead of seeing what she thought she'd see. She saw that Harrison Wells did not study dark matter or anything that would make her into a metahuman, but he did research on mutants and people who were born into having odd abilities. Her eyes scanned the different articles until she saw Kara come flying in, "Hey, Kara!"

"Supergirl scares young children at a local school. Road rage and superpowers..."

Katie's mouth drops open when her eyes meet the screen, "You didn't."