Chapter 42

Kara walked back into the room, Alex, Eliza, and J'onn with them. Leah shot up, pulling Kara in for a hug, "Oh thank God."

Katie smiled at J'onn, "It's good to see you, sir." J'onn simply smiled, pulling the brunette in for a hug.

J'onn stayed behind with Cat and Max as they fixed the machines. While the rest were in the broadcasting room. Katie's head moved up when Max's voice was in the room, "Myriad works by shutting down the connection between the amygdala and the rostral anterior cingulate cortex. The parts of the human brain that give rise to optimism and hope."

Alex walked into the room, speaking to J'onn, "Under Myriad, I could see, I could hear, but it was like I was a complete stranger to myself. And then my mother said something about my father and it was like a switch went off in my brain. I could suddenly feel again. I could feel hope. And that's what they're gonna give them once Max can kick start the connections."

"If. This equipment's a dinosaur. If I can get her speech on TV and the symbol on computers and phones, I'm even more of a genius than I thought. Okay, we're ready."

Eliza gave Kara a small pat on her back, giving a nod to Leah and Katie, "They're ready."

Katie, Leah, and Kara all glanced at each other from their seats, then looked over at Max, "In three, two..."

"People of National City. This is Supergirl."

"Captain Marvel."

"And Solar Flare. And I hope you can hear me. We have been attacked. Mothers and fathers, friends and neighbors, children, everyone, suddenly stopped by a force of evil as great as this world has ever known."

"Your attacker has sought to take your free will, your individuality, your spirit. Everything that makes you who you are. When facing an attack like this, it's easy to feel hopeless. We retreat, we lose our strength, lose our self."

"I know. I lost everything when I was young. When I first landed on this planet, I was sad and alone. But I found out that there is so much love in this world out there for the taking, and you, the people of National City, you helped me. You let me be who I'm meant to be. You gave me back to myself. You made me stronger than I ever thought possible, and I love you for that."

"Now, in each and every one of you, there is a light, a spirit, that cannot be snuffed out. That won't give up. We need your help again. We need you to hope."

"Hope. That you will remember that you can all be heroes."

"Hope. That when faced with an enemy determined to destroy your spirit, you will fight back and thrive."

"Hope. That those who once may have shunned you will, in a moment of crisis, come to your aid."

"Hope. That you will see again the faces of those you love and perhaps even those you have lost." Katie, Kara, and Leah held each other's hands on the table, holding them tightly. Everyone's cell phones began to ring.

Alex pushed open the door, "It's working. It worked."

🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆~🎆

Katie, Leah, and Kara had stayed with each other all night, they walked together back into CatCo. Leah turned around when she heard the sound of Winn call out to her.

"Leah!"

"Kara! Katie, hey."

Winn grabbed Leah by her waist and twirled her, giving her a kiss, "Thank God you're okay."

"I should be saying that to you." Leah breathes out, holding him tighter.

Winn pulls away from her, looking at the three, "Hey, listen, um... Just the things that we said to you guys..."