17- Starting to Talk

Kakashi POV.
I saw what my dopple ganger did. Oh. Asoka is awake! And she has her twin plants... sleeping with her. I felt a feeling in my stomach, was it jealously? No, why would I be jealous? After all they are plants. And she actually answered one of my questions in a good response! It seems like she is finally opening up. I smiled as I handed back the food to my students and Tazuna. We are a little more than halfway done with the bridge now.
"Ne, Kakashi-sensei, why are you so happy?" Naruto asked me.
"Oh, nothing, you'll see when you get home." I replied nonchalant. Everyone looked at me like I was crazy, heh. I guess I kinda understand why Asoka threw Mussō-ka at me now. It’s kinda annoying when people think that you're insane.
-FF-
Everyone was walking home, tired and worked. Sasuke and Naruto were too tired to fight. Sakura was too tired to pester Sasuke and Tazuna was too tired to complain. It was quiet. Tazuna went to open the door with his key but it opened as he reached for the keyhole. Inari opened the door.
"Welcome home." He said with a smile. Everyone nodded and walked in with small smiles. "Dinners Ready, your sensei is sleeping in the room." Inari said and walked out of the room, some bounce in his step. I walked to our room and opened the door. The plants were nowhere in sight, but two potted plants were next to the window. They were roses. Both red. I sighed and just collapsed on the bed. Bouncing slightly. Asoka mumbled something as she grabbed almost the entire blanket and pulled it to herself. I kicked off the shoes next to the bed and took off my shirt. Its mid June and super hot. Don't think I'm perverted just because I like Make out Paradise! It’s a good book...I swear! Don't give me that look! Stop it!
I closed my eyes but couldn't fall asleep. I pushed myself up, resting my head on the pillow. Asoka was next to me, almost less than an arms length away. If I reached out I would have been able to just...touch her cheek. But. I can't. So I'll settle for just watching her.
Her breathing was slow and steady, and sometimes just stopped for a second as her eyes twitched. A single tear rolled down her cheek into the pillow. Was she having a nightmare? The mere thought of that sent anxiety to my stomach, my thoughts raced. I moved a little closer to her. And stretched my hand out to wipe her tear. Her head pushed itself against my hand. I blinked in surprise but didn't say anything. I felt a pull to her, the kind of pull made like a magnet to iron. Why does this woman have such an effect on me?
I moved closer to her and the Anxiety vanished. I was looking over her slightly, her head was near the middle of my chest. She was short for her age.
Asoka truly was beautiful. Her black and red hair was spread around the bed. I hesitatingly wrapped my arms around her back. Pushing her towards my chest slightly. I felt a warm feeling in my body, going from my nose to my toes. I closed my eyes and just listened. To her heart beat, and mine, smelling in the smell of roses. I don't know much about likes and dislikes. But put Asoka at the top of my likes.
I closed my eyes, and fell into a sleep filled with the smell of roses.
-FF-
Asoka Pov.
I wanted to move. But I was being held. I opened my eyes to see a toned chest. I could practically feel my heart beating like crazy. For a second I thought I was having an anxiety/heart attack. I pushed the chest away, but ended up pushing myself off the bed.
-THUMP-
My foot was in the air as I froze in my spot. My head hit the floor. I grabbed the back of my head and winced. I heard ruffling of the sheets. Then a white-haired ninja looked above me with a bored/amused expression.
"What are you doing on the floor?" He asked me.
"What are you doing shirtless?"
"Its June."
"Touché" I started getting up. Kakashi offered his hand. I took it, and pulled it, pulling HIM down, he fell next to me. Ha. "Pay Back's a bitch."
"What if it's a man?" Kakashi asked. I instantly thought of a Transvestite Kiba with a tank top saying Payback, with a growing smile.
-ROTFLMFAO- "A Transitive-Bitch. Priceless." I said on the floor clutching my stomach.
"Language." Kakashi scolded, but had a smirk under his mask.
"What language are we speaking..?" I asked confused.
"Japanese." He stated with a duh expression.
"Pft. that’s what YOU think. I'm speaking English." I said crossing my hands. Then an idea came to mind. What if everything they say is being translated to English, and everything I say is being translated to Japanese?! That reminds me of what Mokona from XXXHolic and the Other Manga/Anime that is intertwined with it. But what is the item that translates the language..? Hm. Oh well.
I sat up and went to my bag, got cloths and took a shower in the bathroom. My involuntary reflex to lock the door, working.
-FF-
We finished the bridge a day ahead of schedule! I had the plants work with us. Of course it was tiring, they were eating up my chakra to work, and it took lots of imagination and concentration. But I have too much imagination to spare, and don't even need to concentrate, they just do what I want them to.
"Wow! Its huge!" Naruto yelled.
"I think I'll name it...the Great Naruto Bridge." Tazuna said with a thoughtful smile. I nodded, pleased with the name.
"Since we are earlier than expected, we'll leave tomorrow morning, that way we'll get out of your hair." Kakashi said. I walked over to the small forest side and returned the plants where they were. Sweat ran down the side of my forehead. If this is what it feels like to lose chakra, I don't like it.
I walked back to the group and stood weakly, concentrating my weight on my right foot. My eyelids were heavy so I just closed them. I let out a sigh and crossed my arms in front of me.
"You okay?" Kakashi's voice asked, his tone the usual laid back, bored one.
"Yeah, just have a lot on my mind." I replied.
"Care to share?" He asked. I thought about it.
"I'm just worried about my friend." I said opening my eyes.
"Why?" Kakashi asked, hesitant after a few moments.
"Because...she's my friend." I replied giving him a duh stare.
"No- I mean, what is wrong that makes you worried for her...?" Kakashi said clarifying himself.
"She's been caught by the FBI," Kakashi looked at me confused, clearly not understanding my statement, and putting two and two together. "The so called 'Nin-Assassins' captured her, for something she was forced to do, and might do something bad to her, when someone else was pulling the strings, making her choose life and work for them, or a slow painful death." I said explaining it.
"Oh...is there anything I can do to help?" He asked. I shook my head.
"No...but their deadline is tomorrow, if they don't meet it, then I'll have to find some way to show them I mean business..." I said.
"Deadline for what?" Kakashi asked, as we walked back to Tazuna’s house.
"To give her a chance, keep her safe from the Mafia. Let her work for the FBI, keep her alive." I replied.
"Ma-fi-ah?" Kakashi said, almost like a question, trying out the word.
"Yes, I guess you could call it...the Akatsuki for my world, except they are more professional in my world...and in this world." I snickered. They are like a bunch of babies.
"Oh...and what about your other conversation, you said you weren't dead. Did they think you were dead?"
"Oh, uh. Yeah, I guess they probably did. Well, Carter and Emma probably don't really care."
"Oh...what about..the...scars." Kakashi said, hesitatingly. I could tell he was trying to be nice about it.
"Oh, well, I got this one," I gestured to the one from ear to chin. "In 3rd grade. And this one," I gestured to the one on my neck. "When I was assaulted." I replied emotionless.
"H-how?"
"In third grade it was hell, scissors and children never make good combinations, even safety scissors, put it as that, and the other one was made with a knife." I said with a cold laugh. Kakashi looked at me shocked.
"Scissors? A Knife? Why would they-"
"The world is a cruel harsh place. I'm glad the rest of the wounds healed though." I said with a smile. Kakashi grabbed my wrist. My natural instinct was to kick him, but the warm feeling in my stomach said not to. He stopped, forcing me to stop walking.
"I'll catch up." Kakashi said to the rest of team 7. They nodded and continued walking. Kakashi pulled me closer, looking down at me. "What about the assault?" Fear ran though me as I realized how close he pulled me to him. I tried to get his hand off of me.
"Don't touch me." I said, my voice wavering. It wasn't a snap, more of a plead. He let go and I took a step back. "Don't-" My voice cracked. My vision is slightly blurry, I looked down and wiped at the tears. "I have the right, to remain silent." I said with a frown when the tears didn't stop.
"Ah, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." Kakashi said slightly hurriedly.
"No, I'm fine, probably being a baby who feels sorry for herself." I said. The tears were slowing. "There are people worse off, and they are super strong."
"Worse off..?" Kakashi said, afraid for the answer.
"People with cancer, Amputated Limbs, Lost Family, Live out on the streets, but they still find a reason to live and work for more." I said looking up as I wiped the last stupid tear.
I continued walking, feeling relaxed and better, pushing the thoughts away. I took in a big breath of air and let it out like a sigh. "Can I ask another question?" Kakashi asked unsure.
"Yeah I guess." I said my eyes in front of me.
"Do you know anything more about the Bara clan?"
Have I? I've been told small stories from Mussō-ka, how I was a princess of a land that was dangerous, so I was being protected here and trained. He taught me all these Jutsus, how to Control my Kekkei Genkai and more.
"Mussō-ka might...he taught me everything I know, but whenever I ask him to tell me about my family, he says he is under strict orders not to say anything by someone over my status." I replied after some more thought.
"Even if we torture him..?" Kakashi mumbled, mostly to himself.
"I'm quite sure you can't torture a Stuffed Animal..." I said, and then smiled. Like you can't torture the Gingerbread Man from Shrek...unless... You dump him in milk and then touch his gumdrop buttons? :3 Meh, sweets have issues 'o3o.
"True..." It was silent after that. When we arrived at the house we all ate, except for Kakashi who took food to his room to eat. I went up to the roof again to watch the clouds. The sun was setting.
I wonder why I like going up onto the roof so much, perhaps because I feel like I'm on top of everyone, I can breathe easier? Something that I did ever since I saw Fruits Basket. It felt like I was closer to the sky and could do anything when I stood on the roof, holding my hands out.
Of course, Carter and Emma didn't think so. They thought I was trying to commit suicide, they signed me up for Depressed Anonymous, Gave me even MORE drugs, and sent me to a therapist. At that time everyone began thinking I was some delusional freak when I explained why I was on the roof.
I sat on the roof, hugging my knees as I looked to the horizon filled with trees. I took out my phone and went to Browser (Internet) and searched Asoka Hatake Naruto. Narupedia came up. I clicked it and read through it. There was a picture of me. My releases, background, what I do in all the Arcs. I looked around for anything to do with Kakashi. AHA!
'Asoka Bara Hatake, the Hokage ordered Kakashi Hatake and Asoka to get married to keep Asoka's name safe.' -Revealed in EP -- Chapter --. Oh, okay. Anything else needed to know..?
'Has Bee Summonings.' COOL! :D I can summon pretty little bee's! I'll sting 'em to death! >:D
*ahem*
I looked up to see Kakashi, his book in his hand.
"Why are you always on the roof?" He asked me. I shrugged and looked back to the sunset. "Mind if I join?" I shrugged again. Don't really care...
He sat down next to me. His book away now. Wonder why... Oh well, not in my place to bother people. It was silent, but I don't mind it. I enjoy the silence.
Soon the sun went down and I was staring blankly at the dark blue horizon. The sky was filled with stars. My mind was empty and I just stared into space, resting my head on my knees. I slowly laid down on my back to look at the stars. Putting my hands over my stomach.
As I watched I was able to see Polaris just above the horizon. More stars made themselves known as the moon became clearer. I closed my eyes and sighed, putting a hand on my forehead, then touching the tip of my nose. My nose is cold, and my forehead is slightly warm.
I opened my eyes and stood up, Kakashi looked at me confused. I ignored him and climbed down the house with Chakra. Going slightly into the woods, not far from the house, but far enough that they won’t hear me. Exercising is good for a cold. I took out Haru-kun and swung in the air, practicing my Kendo. I then swung at the tree repeatedly, the bark was becoming chipped off each time I cut. I swung harder and stabbed the middle of the tree.
"Tsunovba." I said, and the tree regenerated. I pulled out my sword and tried to hold it, but my hands were as heavy as lead. It dropped from my hold and fell to the floor. I looked down at it and sat onto the floor and laid down next to it.
Tears filled my eyes, tears that hadn't been cried in a long, long time. I didn't say anything, I didn't sob. They just ran down the side of my face as I stared up at the stars. I remember when I was young I wanted to be a star, not a movie star, but a star in the sky, so when I fall protecting someone, someone else will get a wish as I'm shooting towards the heavens.
Of course, it’s just a dream. So wishes will be wishes, but I'm glad my dream to be in an Anime came true.
*end Chapter*
- - - -

Comment
Vote
Something
-Anna

Edited as of 10/30/12 for spelling and grammer!