36-Realization

Kakashi Pov.

Its been two days. Asoka's been asleep the whole time. The doctors don't know when she'll be awake, they hope it will be soon.

"Sir... visiting hours are over..." A nurse said, waking me up from my thoughts. I turned around slightly, and nodded.

"Five more minutes." I said to her. She nodded and left, closing the door behind herself.

I gave Asoka's hand alittle squeeze. Staring at her sleeping face. It regained some color with the blood transfusion, but the mask was still on, supplying oxygen.

"Asoka...wake up." I mumbled, bending down and putting my head near her stomach, closing my eyes.

I don't know what to do anymore. I lost so many friends, I don't want to lose her. What have I done to deserve this? Did I do something wrong, something so bad, that doesn't let me be happy?

"Mm..." A mumble made me open my eyes. Did I imagine it?

"Kaka...baka...you're...heavy..." She's awake? I removed my head from her stomach and looked at her, still in the chair.

Her eyes were still closed, but her breathing was faster and lighter, I wouldn't have been able to hear her if it weren't for the total silence in the room, as if she were hiding.

(A/N: LOL, Half Asleep, I wrote; As if she were a ninja)

Her heart beat moniter created slightly faster beeps to go with her faster breaths.

"Kakashi-" A small rumble came from her stomach. "I'm hungry." She said, her eyes still closed, her warm breath fogging up the mask.

I stared at her with a soft smile, tension gone.

"I'll get a nurse to bring food." I got up, but something grabbed my arm, the beeping on the moniter sped up for a second, then remained slightly faster then before. I looked down to my arm to see Asoka holding it.

"No...don't... leave...me." She breathed in and out slowly, turning her head to me, her eyes opened to show the bloody violet that had a slight glassy look to them, a small tear went down the corner of her eyes. "I'm tired..." She breathed out.

"Then go to sleep." I said, turning back around to face her, I held her hand with my other one.

"But...you'll...leave...me." She said, deep breaths cutting herself off. Her eyes seemed to fight to stay awake.

"I won't leave you.I just need to get a doctor, I'll be back as soon as possible." I assured. I could tell she was too weak to reply, because she worded. 'Promise.' "I promise." I said, giving her hand a soft squeeze. She closed her eyes and her hand went limp. For asecond I almost was tempted to shake her awake, in fear that she would die.

But sneaking a peek at her heart moniter, it was steady.

I sped off to find the doctor.

Thankfully I didn't have to go far.

"Doctor! My wife had woken up, but went back to sleep, less than a minute ago." I said, seeing a woman in a white coat walking down the hall torwards me. She looked at me and nodded.

"What room?" Her voice was silky and warm, but had a sharp edge to it.

"203." I replied. She nodded. I turned around to run back to the room, but she stopped me.

"Visiting hours are over. Go home." I shook my head.

"I promised I wouldn't leave her alone, and I keep my promises." I said, and left to her room