48-Patterns and Interwebs

Asoka Pov.

I'm floating in darkness. Feel myself falling, then splash- as if I've been submerged in water. Its darkness thats around me. I don't know what it is. Black water perhaps?

Yes. Black water drowns me to the bottom of my soul. I try to swim up, but I cant, I don't know how. I'm falling down like a rock. I soon give up, my throat burns. I let out my last breath of air, a bubble floats to the top, giving a slight light. I suddenly get a reassurance that I didn't have before. As if someone telling me that if I get to the island the light goes to, that I'll be fine till they save me.

I kicked my legs and arms. I didn't know how to swim, but I had to try. I keep working hard and soon find myself closer to the light. My throat burns worse and the view that I have on it begins to blur. I accidentally took in a mouth full of water because I had to breathe. My arm reached out to grab the orb, but it was too late. I coughed out the water and found myself suffocating. More bubbles escape my mouth and float to the top. Leaving me falling. I wish I could continue trying. The light was so close.

Why can't I die? Why wont this horrible feeling around me just stop! My chest burns and I cant do anything about it. I curl myself into a ball and try to breathe again-finding that I can now breathe under water. I closed my eyes and opened them. I found myself on a sandy floor. Crabs and water life were swimming and skattering away from me. The water was still darkness, but the sand was made of pure white light.

Bending down I took a handfull of the soft sand-only to discover that there was a sharp glass shard in there. It slashed my finger, drawing blood, but instead of dissolving in the water and floating away, it dropped into the sand and turned the light coming from it into red. Then as if the world shifted, the sand was suddenly an endless wall infront of me. I saw it morphed into a golden door with red markings.

I stared at the markings and tried dechipering them in my head. It didn't seem to be helping me at all.

Suddenly the markings detached from the walls and floated around me. I glanced at them silently. They spun and spun- faster and faster until they became a blur of red going around and around.

"Asoka... we have questions, but you must answer them truthfully. Or the darkness will continue growing around you." An echoing voice called around me.

I grew confused. What was so bad with the darkness?

"If the darkness completely suffocates you- you shall die, and go to neither heaven nor hell- cursed to walk eternity. Searching for answers you already know."

Eh. Worth a try. I nodded.

"Do you like someone?"

"Yes."

"Does that person like you back?"

"Yes."

"Do you love him?"

"...N-" I felt such a heavy pressure wrapping around me, squeezing me. I cried out in pain.

"No lying."

"But I'm not-Agh!" It constricted around me tighter, only drawing pain from my words.

"Do you love him?"

If no is a lie- then is it yes? It seems like the only thing that I have left, is to choose is yes. But is it true? That I love him? Well... I guess saying it wont hurt.

"Yes." The words constricted around me, still applying painful pressure.

"You don't mean it. Why don't you mean it?" The voice boomed around me.

"Because I don't know!" I yelled and the constrictions let me go. I fell down onto the floor, coughing as I tried to get my breath back.

"Fine. One last question. Do you have people that you care for?"