41- Worries and Silence

Asoka Pov c:

"Hey, Ibiki." I said giving him a small wave. He nodded back to me.

"Everyone has been looking for you." He stated. I shrugged.

"Ya'know. Your younger brother is out there, alive." I said. He closed his eyes and nodded. I could feel his sadness. "He misses you, and thinks himself a bad person because he stole the scroll-"

"How do you know all of this?" He snapped, his eyes open to stare at me.

"I thought I explained it, for the..." I tried counting. "Don't make me count." I hissed.

...

"Are you going to play him off, like you did with me? He's my cousin too. I don't want to leave him all alone, or pretend like he doesn't exist." I said frowning. Ibiki patted my back, alittle harder then need be.

"It'll be for the better."

For the better...?

I snapped around to face him, angrily, my blood boiling with intense rage, unlike no other. How many times I've heard those words, seen actions and outcomes, that were supposed to be 'for the better?!'

They put me in school with other children 'for the better'.

They changed my name at school to hide my identity 'for the better'.

They ran away from the problem and didn't resolve it, 'for the better'.

They didn't let me make any real friends, 'for the better'

I was alone, because there wasn't anyone to trust, and that was 'for the better'?!

Idate is alone! And he doesn't think he can trust anyone.

...

Is that just like me? No. I give some trust to some people. Like Kiki, and maybe Kakashi, Mussō-ka and uh... I think I trust the Hokage. Yeah. I do...

Idate is all alone, relying solely on himself. Yes, it makes him who he is, and stronger, but its not healthy or good.

I had to push Idate to the back of my mind, before I did or said something stupid.

I sighed. I need a mission to get me money, and my mind off of things.

Its boring, theres nothing to do, nobody to train.

I picked up all my stuff and turned to Ibiki. I'm going home. I'll cya around, Cuz." He nodded and waved with a small grin, that seemed alittle creepy, but that's just how he smiles.

I turned around and began walking.

"Wrong way home." Ibiki called.

"Right..." I said and turned around, walking the other way.

I passed him and walked into the forest.

"Wrong way again." Ibiki called to me again. I groaned and stopped.

"Then where's the right way?" I asked throwing my hands up in the air in rage.

"Come on." Ibiki walked towards me and held my hand in his big one, leading me torwards home.

I swung my unheld hand like a kid, while humming a song in my head from spongebob. Ibiki looked at me from the corner of his eye. After a while I saw we were following scratches on bark.

I continued listening to the song in my head, turning my head every-once in a while to look at everything like a curious child. Every once in a while I'd just admire the colors, and textures of items, erasing the names of the items, and describing it.