Chapter 20: Heads Or Tails

~Marcel POV~

"This was right after I returned from World War I. She and Klaus threw a huge party for me. I'd been trying to get away from New Orleans for a while. Something kept drawing me back."

"He's back!" Fiore squealed as she ran up to him and kissed his head all over.

"Mother, please don't embarrass me." Marcel said smiling at her, as embarrassing as she was, it was all because she loved him that much.

"I'm sure one of the qualities Rebekah looks for in a man is someone that loves their mother" Fiore said teasing him as she caught him gazing adoringly at the blonde vampire. "Come along now love, Nik and Elijah are waiting for us at the bar." She dragged him over to the bar where Klaus and Elijah stood drinking.

"There he is. Our war hero, triumphantly returned." Klaus said with a grin. "Good to have you back, Marcellus. Welcome home" The four of them toasted to him and Elijah laughed.

"The prodigal son finally learned to hold his liquor" Elijah said smiling at him. "It's good to have you back, Fiore was beside herself in your absence."

"Oh come on Elijah" Fiore said as she smacked her brother-in-law. "We both know it was Nik that was truly in pain. Besides, isn't a mother allowed to worry about her little boy? Not that you're still little."

"Well, no matter who was truly beside themselves, we need you to settle an argument between us Marcel. The war you fought abroad is only to be traded for one here in the Quarter." Klaus said resting his hand on Marcel's shoulder. "One of Fiore's relatives, a rouge witch, wants a part of the city that we built and Elijah, for some incomprehensible reason insists that we should negotiate."

"And what about you Mother? What are we going to do about this witch?" Marcel said turning to ask her.

"Why ask with such conviction?" She replied with a slight smile.
"Because I know that you're the one that really pulls the strings around here" He whispered with a wink.

"Ah you, know me so well." She beamed whilst pinching his cheek. "And what we're actually going to do is whatever is in the best interest of the family. Let's just hope that for his sake, it's not gruesome"

"Sometimes Fiore, I forget just how devious you can be" Elijah said shaking his head at his sister-in-law.

"So who is this witch?" Marcel asked them.

"He says his name is Papa Tunde" Fiore answered nonchalantly, she was clearly unfazed by him.

"A more appropriate name would be charlatan." Klaus muttered.

"Well, Marcel shall be able to decide that for himself, after all Fiore invited him here" Elijah said. He was clearly unsure of the two and how they would handle the situation. As was Marcel.

"We aren't savages" Fiore smirked.

"Looks like he's here." Fiore said with a cunning grin as she laid out her hand for Klaus to take. "Shall we, Mr Mikaelson?"

"Why of course, Mrs Mikaelson" Klaus said as he took her hand and kissed it. The two walked up to Papa Tunde and greeted him.

"Thank you ever so much for accepting our invitation, and welcome. Allow us to play the role of host. Anything you need at all, just tell me and I'll oblige." Klaus said smiling politely at Papa Tunde.

"Pleasure before business, I see" Papa Tunde said laughing.

"If you're going to be one of us, Tunde, you should know that family always comes first" Fiore replied, smiling politely too.