Chapter 68: Endless

"The tombs are all empty, the grounds are all empty. MY DAUGHTER IS NOT HERE" Klaus yelled at his brother as they looked around the cemetery for the witches and his child.

"There is no other place for them to be Niklaus, we must continue our search." Elijah said trying to remain calm.

"We are wasting time, Elijah!" Klaus snapped at his brother. "THEY ARE NOT HERE."

"The Harvest was here! The Reaping was here! They're about to perform a ritual which will feed their ancestors for centuries! Ancestors who are buried HERE!" Elijah shot back when Klaus noticed something behind Elijah that would explain his frustration.

"That statue" Klaus said pointing at an angel on top of a tomb. "I've seen it three times, all whilst going in the same direction. It's one of Fiore's illusions. Or something similar."

Elijah looked somewhat puzzled by his brother's suggestion, but nonetheless he jumped up on one of the crypts and sighed at what he saw.

"Something similar." Elijah said as he looked at the infinite number of tombs, stretching out to make the cemetery appear to be endless.

~Fiore POV~

"What are we doing Father?" I said pacing around as my father examined my dead body.

"Checking for magic in your body." He answered.

"And I told you, the children took it from me. I died a human, I used my last ounce of immortality, to compel them to leave." I told him.

"Yes but you didn't compel them to take that magic with them." Silas said examining the body still. "Your daughters are siphoners. They were taking the magic from you for a specific reason."

"Which is?"

"I don't know" Silas said as he stood up. "But if we find out, then maybe we can bring you back."

~Klaus POV~

Klaus and Elijah were still stuck in the maze illusion in the cemetery, marking each tomb they pass with a stone.

"I can see them, feel them and yet they are not real" Elijah said sighing.

"Can't we just push through? There has to be a way, there is ALWAYS a way! We could— "

"What we need to do is focus, Niklaus." Elijah said cutting him off.

"My only focus right now is that child and her safety, do you understand me?" Klaus growled, completely losing his temper. "This—all of this—is because of me. Because I schemed, I kept lifelong enemies, what else could be expected? That Hayley would still be here for you? That my child would be born into a happy life? That Fiore could know her daughters? That we could live as some sort of family? That's what you wanted Elijah isn't it? My saving grace, our saving grace, this family's saving grace."

"Niklaus—"

"NO!" Klaus bellowed as the tears began to stream down his face. "Do you not understand? No of course you don't, how could the noble Elijah know what it is like to be the family disgrace? But she understood me, she loved me, every step of the way! And now she is gone! I let her in, Elijah! In a thousand years, I let her and her alone in. I needed her, I still need her but she's gone. And there is no one at fault but me." Klaus sat down on one of the tombs, with his head in his face.

"I let Hayley in, brother. I may not feel the exact same as you, but I understand, I do" Elijah said as he sat down beside him and squeezed his shoulder comfortingly. "But you are not at fault. The witches did this. And when we get her back from them, I will tell my niece how much I cared about her mother and you will do the same."