Chapter 24: A Curse On The Family

I was in Cami's apartment packing my belongings up when I heard Rebekah screaming outside the front door, demanding to be let in.

"Fine, you can come in okay, jeez" Cami relented as Rebekah rushed into my room.

"Fiore don't do this" Rebekah pleaded.

"I have to Rebekah"

"No you don't!" She said taking my hand. "We can work around this we always do. You two always do!"

"Not this time" I replied as a solitary tear trickled down my face.

"Fiore the baby is here." Kol said to me.

"Kol if this is a joke, then it isn't funny" I snapped unable to grasp what he was saying.

"It's not a joke Fi!" Kol answered. "I would never joke about anything like this, the baby is here. The baby is dead."

I started to sob uncontrollably, unable to hear anything else. Nik came and knelt down beside me trying to understand what was going on but how do you tell someone that? "Kol said—" I got up from my chair and backed away from all of them.

"Kol said the baby is on the Other Side with him. The child is dead." I looked at all of their faces, trying to decipher all their expressions. Marcel was sympathetic, Rebekah was shocked, Hayley looked somewhat relieved but Elijah was livid. I couldn't even stomach the thought of looking at Nik.

"You did this on purpose" Elijah said standing up from the table and straightening out his clothes. "YOU DID THIS ON PURPOSE"

"I swear, I didn't. There were supposed to be no risks." I murmured, unable to cope with what had just happened.

"From day one, you have hated Hayley and her child and of course an opportunity presents itself to cause them harm so you did exactly that" Elijah said still building up his rage. "Everyone thinks you make Niklaus better, that you are the good in him, but I see you for what you truly are."

"Elijah—" Elijah sped up to me and grabbed me by the throat and pinned me against a wall. I could have stopped him, without any effort whatsoever but I knew I deserved this. I was despicable and there could be no atonement for my actions.

"ELIJAH, LET GO OF HER RIGHT THIS SECOND" Rebekah hollered but Elijah paid no mind, even when Hayley pleaded on my behalf.

"You destroy this family" Elijah said staring directly into my eyes. "That is all you have done! From the minute you came into our lives everything has gone wrong. You are the curse that plagues the Mikaelson family, not Niklaus as others would like to assume. You are worse than my brother will ever be because you Fiore, hide your deviousness. We never expect it from you but you plan and obsess over every little detail. I used to see this as a helpful asset but never did I think I would see the day when you used the trick on us."

"Elijah, let her go it was an accident!" Hayley said as the tears flooded from her eyes.

"You are selfish and manipulative but more than that you are an outsider" Elijah spoke so softly, yet I could see the rage in his eyes. "And you will never be one of us."

"Let her go" I finally looked at Nik as he spoke but he refused to meet my gaze. His face was so torn up, he loved me, but he also loved that child.

"Niklaus she— "

"I said, let her go" Nik repeated, cutting Elijah off who grumbled but still released me. A silence fell amongst us all until Elijah could no longer accept it and stormed out, with Hayley and Rebekah following close behind him. Marcel stood up and placed his hand on Klaus's shoulder to comfort him and shot me a sympathetic smile. Which left just Nik and I alone in the courtyard. We stood there in silence, neither one of us knowing what to say to the other. Eventually I gained the courage to speak up and inhaled deeply before starting to talk.

"I am so sorry Nik" I managed to say. He nodded and turned his back to me before walking away.

"So am I"

"I know what happened was unfortunate, but we can fix it. We can turn it around, we're Mikaelsons we always do." Rebekah said still pleading with me to stay.

"You heard Elijah, I'm not one of you" I said bluntly as I continued to pack my things away.

"Elijah was angry; he didn't mean any of that!"

"But it's true" I snapped. "I'm not one of you. All the bad things that happen to your family as loosely rooted to me. His child is dead because of me. Because I didn't think there would be any repercussions to what I did."

"It wasn't your fault Fiore" Rebekah said looking down at the ground. "It was an accident"

"Don't pretend you believe me Rebekah." I said, throwing clothes into my bag now. "I know you think I killed the child to get rid of it and save you. You're here because you think I sacrificed the child on your behalf."

"Even if you did— "

"I DIDN'T" I yelled. "I WOULD NEVER DO THAT."

"Fine, even if you didn't, there's nothing we can do about that child" She said walking over to my belongings. "All we can do is move forward."

"And I am. Just away, where we don't have to be around each other." I sighed as I continued to pack.

"No way! I cannot allow you to leave me with Klaus, especially since Elijah is insane now too" Rebekah went into my bag and started unpacking when she touched something I didn't want her to see.

"Rebekah don't!" I said as she emptied the small pouch's contents.

"Is this, what I think it is?"

A/N: See what I mean about a hard chapter to write? I'm sorry for putting you through that, but neccesary evils man! How are Klaus and Fiore going to get over this? And do you think she did it on purpose? To save Rebekah, or just to get rid of it?

Leave a comment telling me what you think Fiore did and what will happen to Klaus and Fiore! Also please vote and follow me!

See you next week! Love you as always! X