Chapter 58: Transcendent Love

Klaus and I had just finished having sex for what felt like the 100th time that day, seeing as the city was seemingly doing well, Klaus's wolves didn't need him and being pregnant made me unnaturally horny. And hungry for that matter. If I was a human the amount of weight I would have gained would have killed me. I don't know how people did it and I had only just started the second trimester. I had sent someone out to get me some greasy mess when I received a call from none other than Marcel.

"Marcel, calling to tell me you're in the quarter so that the mercy that's been shown to you thus far can be revoked?" I asked him as I picked up the call.

"Yeah, yeah. I know. I'm on your 'Who's Been Naughty' list. Thing is, Cami needs you. Whatever anger you have towards me, don't make her suffer for it. She's with Kieran." I hung up the phone without saying another word and sighed knowing I had to come to the rescue. But if I was doing it, I sure as hell wasn't doing it by myself. I walked into the study where he was still looking for the grimoire.

"Any and all help finding the grimoire you hid is much appreciated." He said standing up to look at me.

"Come on" I said holding out my hand to him. He smirked as he walked over and wrapped his hands around my hips suggestively before allowing his hands to make his way down further.

"Again? Not that I'm complaining but— "

"No, I mean we're going out." I said giggling as I pulled his hands to a more safe for work spot. "Kieran is at the height of his hex. It's so bad that Marcel had to be the one to call me."

"That sounds hard, my idea is a lot more fun" He said kissing my neck.

"Well, these are the things we sacrifice for friends." I managed to say. I had really hoped Kieran was trying to kill her because I did not want to be there.

"How about we stay here and do what I want instead?" He said as he started undoing the zipper of my dress.

"Stop distracting me!" I said whilst pushing him off me. "We're going. You could learn a thing or two about keeping friends because at the moment you're just stealing mine."

"I resent that statement." He said indignantly.

"Caroline, Cami— "

"I met Cami first actually, so you did the stealing" He said folding his arms. "Besides, I don't need friends."

"Everyone needs friends."

"Not when I have you" He said as he sneakily unhooked my bra. "We do fun things that friends can't really do. I missed those things when we were apart, I really did."

"Okay but just quickly and then we go."

~Cami POV~

Cami stood beside Dr. Sheski and Josh, looking down at her uncle who was being strapped down and prepped for an ECT.

"This is worse than I thought" Cami turned around quickly at the sound of Rey's voice.

"Rey, you're here" Cami said as she went to hug her friend. She felt uncharacteristically excited at the thought of Fiore coming to help.

"Careful, the last two people to give me a nickname fell in love with me." She replied with a light chuckle.

"What are you doing here?" Cami asked her quickly.

"I received an urgent call on your behalf. It seems I've been tasked with doing what your coward of a boyfriend couldn't. Which, by the looks of things, is dissuading you from whatever madness it is you're about to attempt." Fiore said. Her gaze locked uncomfortably on her uncle Kieran.