Chapter 65: Time And A Place

All hell had broken loose, just as I had predicted. The wolves had been attacked by yet another explosion, Genevieve was being nice to me and Hayley wouldn't stop whining and tending to an immortal Elijah and her werewolf friend Jackson.

"Don't worry, I'm fine too, thanks for asking" Nik grumbled.

"Time and a place love" I told him giggling as Hayley tended to Jackson's wounds.

"What of the stones?" I asked the two of them.

"Scattered across the Mississippi bed, I'd imagine" Elijah answered with a sigh.

"Marcel's not a fool." Klaus said as he poured himself a drink. "He knows an empowered werewolf army would mean the end of vampires in New Orleans. The explosion is his way of saying he means to prevent that. For all the good it'll do him."

"Well it did him pretty damn well" Hayley grumbled.

"This is my fault" Jackson said. "I'll fix it."

"No one is blaming you" Hayley said rubbing his shoulder.

"Speak for yourself, I'm bloody blaming you!" I snapped. "Those stones will be hard to replace. Lucky for us, I always ensure on Plan B"

Nik and I smirked as we brought everyone down with us to the compound to meet Francesca along with five other men, all wearing suits and one with a briefcase. Gangsters were never known for being subtle I suppose.

"You mean her?" Hayley said as she realised our plan. "She's a gangster!"

"I'm sorry, I must have missed the part where you suggested a wide array of ideas to choose from." I said in frustration. "Francesca is just a means of procuring rare items at short notice."

"Ms. Correra!" Klaus said smiling at her. "And company."

"These are my brothers. I always include them in delicate business matters." She said gesturing to the brothers. "Meet Mr. and Mrs. Mikaelson."

"Call me Klaus. All my friends do" Nik said smiling at him.

"I wouldn't say friends." I clarified quickly.

"Neither would I." She said as she pulled out a drawstring bag from the briefcase her brother held. "But if you and Marcel are having a throw-down, I'd prefer to be on the same side as the inevitable victor."

"Then you have what we asked for?" I said looking at the bag in her hand.

"Not enough for an entire army, but with such short notice—it's a start" She said as she handed Klaus the bag.

"Strange, I wasn't aware that she was familiar with our plan." Elijah said joining in the conversation.

"Neither was I" I said scowling at Nik.

"My price for doing business is full disclosure and your brother complied." She said shrugging her shoulders.

"You and I are going to have problems Nik" I growled whilst Nik averted my gaze and examined the stones.

"What do the humans even benefit from this?" Elijah asked suspiciously.

"A solid alliance." She said ambitiously. "It's good for business."

"If only everyone had your capacity for reason." Nik said as he passed over the stones for me to confirm their legitimacy.

"Sadly they don't. Marcel is being especially vindictive. I'm worried he might come after me, or my family, just for meeting with you." She took a fake deep breath before she continued. "It might be in our best interests if we combine our efforts."

"The more bodies to defend the compound, the better. Let's get started" He said as he led her away.

"Elijah, I don't trust her" I told him. "I didn't realise what he was doing."

"Neither do I. Stay away from her Fiore" Elijah warned before going to meet Hayley and Jackson upstairs.

~Klaus POV~

"I trust you're ready?" Klaus said as he walked into the room where Genevieve had arranged to start the moonlight ring spell.

"One more thing" She said sighing. "The last ingredient is personal. As the spell is designed to control transformation, I need the blood of a werewolf who doesn't turn on a full moon. My first thought was Fiore— "

"Out of the question. I'd just as soon limit the mother of my unborn child to the side-effects of your witchery. I am half-wolf; I control my form—use my blood." Klaus told her offering out his hand.

"Are you sure you don't want to use Fiore because you're still in love with her? That's why you stopped calling me isn't it? Because of her" Genevieve asked him outright.

"The relationship between Fiore and I is... complicated to say the least." He explained casually.

"It always is with you" She muttered as she tried to take his hand, but when she went to take it he grabbed her roughly and glowered.

"If you fail to hold up your end of the deal, the consequences for you will be apocalyptic." Klaus said before he released her.

"You say the most romantic things" She retorted as she cut open his palm and dripped it over the stone. "I'm sure that's how you convinced Fiore to hand over Esther's grimoire."

Klaus turned away from her awkwardly not wanting Genevieve to find out the truth "That doesn't sound like any of your business." But Genevieve had already caught on.

"You didn't tell her?" She said smugly. "How devious, even for you"

A/N: When will everyone realise that keeping secrets from Fiore is a bad idea? So much could have been prevented if Klaus had just told her everything!

Please comment, vote, follow and spread the word about the Enigma series otherwise Fiore will find out one of your secrets!
Hope you enjoyed! Love you as always! X