Chapter 47: Babies Having Babies

It had been a month since I had broken things off with Nik and we had barely spoken since. I had been spending most of my time with Camille and Kieran, trying to find ways to get rid of his hex. I was unable to see Davina as the witches had put her under lockdown. Marcel had chosen to return her back to the witches without seeking consultation from anyone else like the ingrate he was. Hayley had moved permanently into the bayou with the wolves, despite my constant begging for her to live in the compound, so I could have a friend here that wasn't Elijah, not to mention Silas had warned me again that there were many still out to get her as a punishment but she insisted that she was safe with the wolves. I was now three months pregnant with the baby and still had no idea what I was doing. I walked past Klaus's art room, on my way to get something to eat, because the pregnancy had made me so uncontrollably hungry, when I heard the voice of him and someone else. A woman's voice. He had made the first move in the delicate game that was our marriage.

"They say the passage of time will heal all wounds. But, the greater the loss, the deeper the cut, and the more difficult the process to become whole again. The pain may fade, but scars serve as a reminder of our suffering, and make the bearer all the more resolved never to be wounded again. So, as time moves along, we get lost in distractions. Act out in frustration. React with aggression. Give in to anger. And, all the while, we plot and plan as we wait to grow stronger, and before we know it, the time passes. We are healed. Ready to begin anew." I rolled my eyes at his stupid sentimentalities, still trying to figure out who the other voice belonged to.

"Spoken like a man who's made peace with his demons." Genevieve. I was going to kill her. I burst through the door and glared at her. She lay on the couch in lingerie whilst Klaus buttoned up his shirt and smirked.

"All my demons are dead or chased off" he said still buttoning.

"Apart from the one lingering monster with whom you apparently share a bed with now. Genevieve."

"Fiore." She said smirking. I picked up her shoes and waved them at her.

"I trust you can find your clothing and the door. It rhymes with whore so it's perfect for you" I said with a cruel smile.

"Jealous?" She said smirking as she took the shoes. "I did tell you"

"Yes you did, thank you so much." I said turning to Nik who was sat on his bed watching our encounter unfold. I grinned and went to sit on his lap and kissed him roughly, running my hands through his hair as I did. He reciprocated and I could feel Genevieve's cold stare on the back of my head. I kissed his neck and grinned at her disgusted face all the while. "It was quite nice of you to warn me, and I should let you know that I'm known to be very protective of what's mine. Oh, look! A love bite! So sorry Niklaus."

"It would have healed by the next time we meet up" She said smirking again, but I was smarter than that.

"Actually, that particular love bite is imbued with magic. It won't heal unless I want it to. I guess that means next time you meet up, you'll see my permanent mark on him. Oops." Genevieve glared and I waved at her as she left.

"And here I thought we were through." Klaus said looking at me smugly.

"You really think I'd let you off that easy?" I scoffed. "Oh no, this ends one of three ways, you confess that you still love me and I forgive you, you lie and say that you don't love me and we go our separate ways once and for all, or I become your personal living hell until you really don't love me."

"Is this as attractive to you as it is to me?" He asked stroking my thigh and making his way upwards. I smirked and kissed him again, breaking away only to whisper into his ear.

"Probably not"

"You tease" Klaus said pouting as I got off his lap.

"Sorry, am I supposed to sleep with you after you've just slept with the devil's spawn that tortured me?" I asked him angrily.

"She also revealed the truth about Rebekah's treachery." He said shrugging as Elijah walked in visibly annoyed.

"And as a consequence Rebekah is gone forever" He told him sadly.

"A desire which she apparently harboured for quite some time now" Klaus had said nonchalantly.

"Niklaus, it has been a month. Now, I feel our sister's loss as deeply as you. But, you must stop distracting yourself with this ridiculous behaviour and channel it into some kind of action." Elijah pushed.

"Why is that exactly?" Klaus asked his brother as he returned to his art.

"Because over the course of Marcel's tenure, the city grew accustomed to having a king. You wanted this throne. Now, you must accept the responsibility that accompanies that" Klaus ignored Elijah and just continued painting, drowning everyone else out.

"Apologies, dearest Elijah but as you can see your brother is rather ensconced in other pursuits." I said rolling my eyes at him.

Elijah grew impatient with Klaus and snatched the paintbrush from him to his brother's irritation. "If you can so easily neglect your home, I wonder what will become of your child. Have you forgotten what it was like to live beneath the threat of violence? We must work together, Niklaus, the three of us. Let's make this city whole again, like we did before."

"Maybe it's too broken to mend." He said looking at me as he took back his paintbrush and returned to painting.

"I don't believe in such" I said looking at him as he momentarily paused his painting. "If you're driving a car and you hit bumps in the road you don't just get out of the car, you keep going."

"Similar to a marriage?" He said looking back at me again.

"Exactly like a marriage. You have issues, but you work through them, isn't ruling a city just a marriage between yourself and your subjects?" I said shrugging.

"I do not have time for your petulant little games!" Elijah snapped startling both myself and Nik. "You two are just babies having babies! Niklaus if you won't do anything, then I will." Elijah stormed out of the room leaving Nik and I on our own. He started to speak up again but I could already tell it was going to be grossly crude. I flicked my hand and made his pot of cleaning water splash all over him and his painting.

"Very mature" he grumbled.

"Almost as mature as you and Genevieve sleeping together." I shot back.

"So it did strike a nerve?" He said smugly. "I'm sorry love, but I was getting a tad bit lonely without you. Vampires have needs too"

"Two can play at that game you know. I can just as easily bring someone who you don't like and sleep with him" I said with my hands on my hips but he just laughed.

"Hate to break it to you but you're three months pregnant, everyone's going to run in the other direction." He said smugly. I knew he was right and made my way out of the room in a huff, going to follow Elijah to wherever he was going.

A/N: Urrrrgh Genevieve actually needs to buzz off. I blimming hate her! Leave her man alone! But sassy Fiore is my aesthetic, hells yeah!

Leave a comment saying what your favourite sass moment is! Also vote, follow and spread the word! Hope you enjoyed it! Love you as always! X