Chapter 69: She'll Know

The four of us rushed over to the altar where Genevieve had raised up the athame above the baby's head.

"NO" I screamed. Elijah picked up an urn and chucked it at the Genevieve's head causing her to drop the athame. The four of us ran up at them but Monique and Abigail channelled the ancestors power to throw us backwards. I managed to remain stood up and continued to push through the power.

"You fools! To come against us in our place of power in our strongest hour? You don't face three, you face us all!" Monique cackled as we could see the many ancestors back them up.

"Oh but you're the fool." I said smirking at her. "My daughter is more than ready for you. As am I." I negated the power against me and walked over to Genevieve who was trying to pick up the athame but Hayley came up from behind and knocked it out of her hand. Klaus had been cornered by the spirit of Papa Tunde's twin sons who threw him into a tomb. I ran up to the altar to try and take the baby but Genevieve used a pain infliction spell, causing me to cry out and land on my knees.

"One of your very own" She said glaring down at me. "Appreciate the irony?" Hayley tried to come to my aid but Genevieve sensed her and used the spell on her too.

"How do you get out of this one?" She asked me through the pain.

"You don't" I told her as I felt the blood drip from my nose.

"BLOSSOM!" Klaus yelled out as he saw me, he picked up an iron fence spike and hurled it through Abigail, killing her and breaking the connection to the ancestors. I looked back at Monique, who had stood up and planned to finish the ceremony herself.

"NO" I yelled as I tried to vamp speed over her but she surrounded herself with layers and layers of fire. It would have taken too long for me to negate it all. She lifted the athame over the child's head when a devil's star was thrown at her. It embedded itself inside her stomach, covering her with cuts and making her cough up blood before falling to the ground and dying. We turned back to see Marcel had been the one to throw it before he immediately took the baby and sped away with her. Klaus looked back at me and I nodded as confirmation for him to follow.

"What do we do now?" Hayley said standing up. I picked up the fence pole that Klaus had used to impale Abigail and stabbed Genevieve's arm with it.

"Now, this bitch dies" I said glaring at her on the floor as she screamed in pain. I picked her up and slung her body over my shoulder and threw her into one of the tombs.

"My magic—" she said as she splayed her hand fruitlessly.

"Thing is Genevieve, I've been planning your death for a long time" I said crouching down in front of her. "I dream about it, fantasize even. Your desperate screams as you try to use your magic but none comes out. How I rip out your tongue to end the deafening noise of it. How every time you're on the brink of death, you get healed and the fun starts all over again"

"Just kill me" she begged angering me even more. I splayed my hands and threw her against the wall.

"I make the demands here" I seethed. "How pathetic, you're actually begging me."

"Fiore maybe it's best we ask her questions first" Hayley urged me.

"Yes, don't worry, you're fine." I told her. "Now tell me why?"

"The ancestors left me no choice—"

"You were going to kill a baby for more power?" Hayley asked her appalled.

"No" Genevieve said shaking her head. "It was their decree, her decree"

"Whose decree?" Elijah asked her as he grabbed her by the collar of her dress.