Chapter 1

The Wizard was moving swiftly through the woods as he rushed to the portal gate unaware of the tail on him. Derek smirked as he followed the guy, sticking to the shadows as he readied himself for the ambush he had been itching to complete for so long now.

Fitzgerald, are you closing in?

Derek smirked at the sound of Marcus's voice popping into his head as they worked to communicate with each other. Marcus should be heading in from the North to help.

Relaying the images back to Marcus, they were able to time their attack perfectly. Derek wasn't exactly thrilled to team up with Marcus, but with Luke  betraying everyone and crawling back to his father's side like a lost puppy and Riley and Kenny both gone, he was practically the only option left  besides Voisin that was a powerful enough Mentalist to complete the task.

Target is in sight, ready?

Derek grinned as he nodded his head pulling his wand out, the words of the spell forming on his tongue as he took the leap out of the woods at the same time as Marcus taking the poor Wizard by surprise before he could use the portal gate as they both shouted out in unison, "Rhewi!"

The Wizard was knocked off his feet, trapped immobile laying on the ground only able to move his head as his eyes darted around in fear looking for his attackers.

"P-p-please! Don't kill me!" The Wizard stuttered as he watched the two frightening teens emerge from the shadows. 

Living on the run for the past month had left both boys looking pretty rugged. Marcus's hair had finally grown down to his shoulders, a tangled mess against his harsh cheekbones and gray eyes while Derek proudly bore a scar under his eye, a result of his face plant from Marcus so kindly knocking him out after that horrible day where he lost not only Riley, but Morgan too.

Derek chuckled as he stepped forward, his wild brown eyes boring into the Wizard as he pressed his wand against the poor man's neck with a wicked grin plastered across his face.

"But, I haven't killed anyone in a while."

The sky grew dark and ominous as thunder crackled overhead, rain beginning to pour down on the three men in the clearing thanks to Derek's magic.

"Geez Derek, do you have to cause a storm?" Marcus yawned as he glanced up at the sky.

"Whoops, this guy's face is just really pissing me off." Derek grinned, "Don't you see he's a distant relative of the Noble's?" 

He grabbed the Wizard's sandy blonde hair, forcing his head to face Marcus, showing off his sky blue eyes; a characteristic trait of the Noble blood line.

"You are k-k-k-killing the relatives now?" The wizard gulped.

Derek squatted down to be eye level with the wizard extending his hand to the bloke.

"Derek Fitzgerald, now what's your name we might as well get acquainted before we begin the torture."

"I-I-I'm-" He began before Derek cut him off mid sentence.

"Cory, yes? Don't look so terrified, I am pretty famous! So is that gloomy fellow over there!" Derek stated pointing his thumb Marcus's direction. 

Marcus gave a silent nod towards the Wizard, arms crossed as he leant against a tree watching the interaction ready to intervene if Derek took it too far again.

Cory's blue eyes widened, recognizing the legend behind the man in the black hoodie known for his strength in casting silent spells with a flick of his hand able to become invisible at ease with his charmed clothing. He looked even more menacing in person than on photo.