Chapter 13

Breaking into a funeral home on a Saturday night wasn't really on the top of Anna's mischief list. Her brother would be proud of her doing something so risky and scandalous. It wasn't difficult to break into a mortal funeral home. A simple unlocking spell, and the gang was inside with Nikkolai leading the way.

Two days had passed since Kas's death. She was glad that they had pushed the funeral along, not drawing the wait in between out. Kas's visitation had been scheduled the day after his death with his funeral scheduled for tomorrow morning. Everyone would have been in quite a shock if Kas were to awaken in the middle of his visitation.

Kenny and Nikkolai had lurked in the shadows wearing disguises as they observed the visitation, keeping a close eye on Kas's casket. They made sure there weren't any signs of movement while friends and family wept over him. Anna however, stayed at the hotel they had reserved, not thrilled to relive that nightmare again. The only reason she was here now was because Kas trusted her and recognized her over the boys.

He would be disoriented upon wakening, and would most likely magically lash out with unfamiliar faces. Anna knew how it felt, suddenly appearing in her own body again in the middle of chaos, while still in the mindset of a cat. She wasn't sure if his transition would be tougher, coming from complete death to life again.

NikkNikkolaiolai had led them to a large room where Kas's visitation had been set up. Seeing the closed coffin caught Anna off guard as her own mind recalled the feeling of awakening in a coffin. She gasped in shock as she stumbled fighting off a panic attack. She fell into Kenny who looked down at her annoyed. His annoyance quickly morphed to concern noticing the fear behind her eyes.

"Anna, are you ok?" Kenny questioned.

She shook her head in denial. Honestly, being this close to a coffin only brought up the nightmare of memories that she actually had been physically dead inside a coffin for seven years. Though her mind and soul remained stuck in her cat, some innate part of her could still feel her deceased body during those seven years.

"What's wrong with her?" Nikkolai questioned.

"The coffin is probably bringing back flashbacks," Kenny sighed helping support Anna's weight.

"Of course, I forgot she's been a cat," Nikkolai muttered as he eyed the coffin.

"So, Anna, do you want to do the honors?" Nikkolai grinned.

"Really, can't you see she is freaking out over here?" Kenny snapped.

"Well, I guess that's a no," Nikkolai shrugged, strolling over to the coffin and slowly sliding the heavy lid off.

He jumped back as his own brother jolted up, wildly looking around in a crazed daze. He about took Nikkolai's head off with a curse, a bright blue stream of light clicking a small inch of hair as it collided into the wall behind them, leaving a huge hole.

"So that's how that hole got there," Nikkolai smirked recalling how shocked his parents had been the next morning.

He remembered seeing emotions on his parents' face as the family walked into a giant hole in the wall. They had ordered to be allowed to check the coffin, dismayed to see Kas was still in it. Now he understood who cast an illusion as he studied Anna Noble who's eyes were completely enthralled by Kas.

"Shit, Anna you got hotter. How long was I dead?" Kas questioned with a devilish smirk.

Anna stormed up to the coffin, slapping him across his face as her blue eyes darkened in anger. Kas's hand flung up to his cheek, a grin on his face from the pain. He really was alive again.