Chapter 26

Bethany smirked as she headed towards Michael Noble's self made throne room in the International Council headquarters. She figured it wouldn't be too long before he was requesting her assistance in the fight against the Resistance.

She had stayed out of most of the fights so far, but knew he would notice before long and question her loyalty. She had her reasons for not wanting to fight, but he wouldn't be happy.

He found her weak and easy to manipulate. She was well aware of his true feelings for her. However, he still had ended up falling in love with her.

What started out as a method to manipulate the girl who had a crush on him ended up going her way in the end. She was now married to the guy.

Bethany hated the fact that she had become his third wife. She wish she had been his only wife. She would have been pleased with being the second wife, but Michael had insisted on marrying the Daskin woman who had been a widow for several years to get that family on his side of the war. He didn't even love that woman or think twice about killing her.

That's why Bethany wasn't big on him learning her true reasons for staying out of the fight. She felt his love for her didn't go as deep as it had for his first wife. He had been regretful of killing Selina, and confessed that to Bethany in a moment of weakness the first time he slept with her seven years ago. She knew that confession had been genuine under all the villianous attitude. Yet, he still ended up marrying Bethany in the end as their fling turned into a relationship and grew.

Bethany's eyes landed on the man, admiring his beauty as he read through a report while sitting atop his throne. His sky blue eyes narrowed in concentration as his mouth moved from the words he silently read.

He had forgotten to shave that morning, stubble began to line that beautiful square jaw of his while shadows appeared under his eyes from lack of sleep lately. The man even had some grey hair beginning to peak through his raven black strands.

Those stupid Fitzgerald boys were really putting a damper in their rule. Michael had been having to put fear into his followers to keep them on his side. So many had been taken hostage to fuel those desires. His latest hostages had even proven useful to getting inside the Resistance.

Bethany knew it was time to attack the Resistance. The girl had left them with some pretty useful information that all the strongest were away on missions at the moment leaving only the Cleveland girl, the former stepbrother, the emotional boy, nameless traitor, and newbie addition left at the hideout. They would be no match for the task force and easily be destroyed. Plus, it would really hurt Michael's stupid son to lose two people he deeply cared about.

Michael glanced up at the sight of Bethany standing before him. He frowned realizing she had been watching him for some time now instead of announcing her presence like all his subjects were required to do. He had been so lost in his report, he hadn't even heard her enter.

"Bethany, I have an important mission for you. Don't dare deny this fight," Michael snapped.

"Sir, its time to attack, am I correct?" Bethany questioned. He nodded his head.

Bethany sighed as she contemplated the risks. She loved fights, but she also was worried backup would appear before they could finish destroying the base. However, as dispersed as everyone was, it would be hard for them to return to base in time. She would be safe on this mission. It should be a piece of cake.

"Ok, who have you decided to accompany me?" Bethany questioned.

"I wish I could have spared the Captain, however he is on a seperate very important mission back in America. Zain, Leona, and Lineas are also tied up. Ripper will tag along as your second in command," Michael snapped.