Chapter 27

Michael Noble came storming into the hospital after his assistant passed along the message his insolent son left. How dare Luke call him a sperm donor? He was his bloody father! He spent the last eighteen years providing unlimited recourses to this twat of a boy and was constantly bailing Luke's idiotic ass out of trouble.

"Lord," Wren muttered, moving aside as he let Michael Noble storm into Riley's room.

Michael Noble ignored him, not caring to waste his time on weaklings. The man still had bandages mending his bones together, unable to return to the front lines just yet. At least Wren could be put to use reporting any plans Luke and Riley plotted. Michael would rather scream at his idiot son right now.

Michael paused as he swung open the door, surprised to see Riley was awake and the two fools were sitting across from each other in the bed playing a game of cards.

"Do you have any fours?" Luke asked.

Riley shook her head. "Go fish."

Luke groaned as he had to draw another card. Mr. Noble cleared his throat to get their attention. Seriously, of all things they could be doing, they were playing Go Fish? Riley and Luke both glanced up in shock. Luke absentmindedly pulled Riley closer as he glared up at his father.

"Father, what are you doing here?" Luke snarled.

"You inconsiderate little ass!" Michael Noble snapped, his nostrils flaring in anger.

Riley reached out, gripping Luke's arm, preventing him from jumping up and attacking as she silently shook her head. He sighed as he gazed back at her letting out a small nod.

"I see the ring works to my commands," Mr. Noble grinned, "but playing cards, really?"

"There really isn't much else to do in this hospital. There is nothing on TV. You have me confined to this floor that is surprisingly bare of other patients and we got in trouble for racing chairs down the hallway, so yeah cards it is," Riley sighed as she shrugged her shoulders.

Michael Noble frowned at the children. Were they seriously racing chairs down the hall? He thought Riley was supposed to be the mature one of the two, but she was being as big of a kid as his stupid son. He knew he was going to have to relocate them soon before they ended up destroying the hospital in their boredom. At least if he moved them back to his mansion, he could keep a closer eye on them.

"For a soon to be newly wed couple, I would expect to see more affection," he replied.

"Dissapointed are we, you dirty old man?" Luke snapped.

"WHY YOU STUPID LITTLE BOY!" His father yelled as his face grew red in frustration.

Luke smirked as he glanced at Riley. She shook her head giving him a silent warning not to push the man farther.

"Well, seeing as Riley is still pretty weak, I didn't want to wear her out," Luke winked.

Watch it, Riley warned Luke through her thoughts.

"Riley?" Michael Noble questioned.

"You may have forced us into a marriage, but I would not allow for her to believe she was someone else. Especially that girl of all people," Luke snapped.

"How noble of you."

"Very punny," Riley winked.

His father clenched his fists in anger as he tried to compose himself. He sighed shaking his head as he studied Riley. Her mind was still impossible to break as she watched him, innocently blinking.