Chapter 22

Kas led Kenny, Anna, and Nikkolai to the largest tree he could find in the middle of the woods where he placed his wand against the bark, muttering the incantations needed to create a portal. The tree's bark swung open revealing a dark hole which the gang stepped through, leaving the smell of the ocean from the South Carolina breeze and entering into the bright green world of the elves.

Kas knew this was a long shot breaching a portal into the elven realm and he really hoped his old aquantaince, Vaeril decided to ask questions first before outright klling them. He glanced up into the sky, watching as three giant dragons approached them with Vaeril in the center.

The sun was temporarily blocked as the dragons descended, the blades of grass flattening around them as htey landed with a loud swishing of wings. Vaeril was one not to show emotion often compared to his siblings, however his face had grown pale in shock as he locked eyes with Kas.

"You died," Vaeril muttered as he stopped in front of Kas, studying the boy.

Kas grinned as he took the shocked elf under his arm like they were old pals laughing as he spoke, "How are you doing? Shocked right? Nikki here brought me back, but the dumbass got his group stuck in the past and we need the queen's help!"

Vaeril frowned, squirming his way out of the idiotic boy's grip. Kas had been nothing but trouble to the elves especially after aligning himself with their rivals, the fairies. However, his sister, the queen had been deeply upset when she heard of Kasim's death. He couldn't believe that this traitor had decided to seek the elf's help and even went as far as bringing three unauthorized individuals along with him.

"The Queen is out, I'm acting in her place," Vaeril snapped, "and I cannot help you."

"Well, I know that silly. You specialize in taming magic. You and kitty cat here would get along," Kas winked motioning to Anna.

Stop playing around, Kas, before I claw your eyes out, Anna scolded as she let out a hiss directed towards Kas.

"See, just as feisty as you!" Kas grinned.

Vaeril rolled his eyes as he glared at the Noble girl. If she was anything like her brother, then she would cause nothing but trouble here. He still couldn't believe that sneaky bastard had unleashed a herd of fire breathing goats on the castle before leaving the elven realm with the Sorceress a thousand years ago.

"When will the Queen be back?" Nikkolai questioned, interrupting his brother's jests before Kas lost his life from an elf's temper.

"I am not sure, she didn't inform me on her planned time of return," Vaeril responded.

"Well, where'd she go, we'd like to visit her!" Kas grinned.

"She's in California."

"California?" Nikkolai questioned.

Kenny's eyes widened in shock as all of the pieces clicked into place. Riley was protected by the elves. She also had been kept unaware of her abilities growing up, but seemed to master learning them at ease when her magic was awakened. He recalled hearing she had grown up in California, moving down in August because they had finally found her. It wouldn't be wise to head to California, Riley could not see them. Plus, Kenny knew that seeing her would be too heartbreaking for himself knowing her present self was in a coma with no guarantee of ever awakening.

"She went to protect Riley," Kenny gasped. Vaeril nodded his head in confirmation.

"Well, damn that sucks. Guess I'll have to do this myself because I really don't want to be an old fart when I can reunite with everyone," Kas sighed.