Chapter 30

Riley jumped at the sight of gray eyes peering down at her in worry. She studied her surroundings to see that they were still sitting outside her room at the nurse's station.

Wren sat across from her, his mouth lined in a frown. She hadn't realized she had dozed off.

One moment she was thinking about her memories and the next, she had been sucked in to some dream.

"Wren?" Riley questioned.

"You just started staring off into space. I was a bit creeped out," Wren responded as he studied her with curious eyes.

"Huh?" Riley gulped.

"Where did you go, Riley?"

"Where did I go? I don't understand what you are implying."

Wren sighed as he stroked his chin, his gaze looking Riley up and down as he was lost in his own thoughts. Riley watched, unsure of how to react. The boy smirked as he locked eyes, chuckling at his realization.

"You astral projected, didn't you?"

"I what?" Riley gasped.

"Of course, you probably haven't learned about it yet. Its a pretty impressive feat for someone as inexperienced as you. Some of the best divination specialists can only dream of achieving that level of mastery of the skill," Wren explained.

"Huh? Is this something Divination masters do?" Riley questioned.

"Only the best," Wren sighed.

"You weren't even aware you were using magic just now, were you?"

Riley shook her head as she frowned. She could still feel how weak her own body was, but she also could use magic without being aware.

However, if she tried to use magic, she felt drained from the effort. Right now, she could feel dizziness threaten to overtake her.

"Stop worrying so much, its not going to make you heal faster," Wren snapped, "now come on let's wake up Luke."

Riley sighed as she followed Wren back into her room watching as Luke slept. Luke was drooling and lightly snoring, lying face down on the bed. Riley walked over to Luke, softly shaking him trying to get him to wake up.

"He really is out of it," she mumbled as she studied the boy.

"Yes, it didn't help he was driven to exhaustion," Wren replied. Riley nodded as she continued to nudge Luke.

"Go away," Luke mumbled in his sleep.

"Come on Luke, please wake up!" Riley begged.

Luke pulled the pillow over his head and his knees to his face trying to ignore Riley.

"I don't want to. Let me mourn in peace."

Riley sighed in frustration glancing over at Wren for support. Wren shrugged his shoulders as he took a seat completely indifferent to Luke's protests.

Riley froze, as she double over in pain. Luke and Wren both jumped up simultaneously to see what was wrong.

"Riles?" Like gasped.

"M-M-Marcus is in trouble," Riley winced as Luke rushed over to help support her.

"Huh, how?"

"He found his sister, the Elf Queen, and they were ambushed."

"Ambushed, by who?" Wren questioned as he watched Riley fighting through the pain.

"E-elves, and a man," she admitted.