Chapter 28

Kasim, Kenny, Anna, and Nikkolai stumbled through the woods as they headed back towards the headquarters that was home of the Resistance. It was dark when they arrived, which Kenny found odd as he looked down at his phone. It was supposed to be mid afternoon, but the sun was nowhere in the sky. A loud explosion rang through the air sending the group stumbling back into a tree, surprise on their faces at the amount of magic just released into the atmosphere.

"What the hell was that?" Kenny asked fearing Derek had lost it again. He had heard of his antics from Vaeril's reports.

"I have no idea, but I don't like it," Kas muttered. He wrinkled his nose, frowning at the smell of blood in the air.

You smell it too?

Kas nodded, turning to face Anna who was pale as she looked off in the distance.

"Blood, its everywhere!" Kas cried rushing towards the edge of the woods.

"Kas, wait! You don't know what the threat is, yet!" Kenny shouted rushing after him.

"My brother is right, we have to help whoever that is!" Nikkolai cried rushing after his brother.

Come on, Kenny. They may need backup.

Kenny groaned, chasing after them. He collided into both Kas and Nikkolai who had stopped at the edge of the woods. Both boys had grown pale, horror in their expression as they stood frozen in shock at the sight before them. Kenny followed their gaze, his stomach a twisted sick knot. Bodies lay everywhere along the charred earth as smoke fell from the sky. 

Such silence surrounded the scene as the red haired boy fell forward. Sound returned as the three surviving wizards rushed forward, despite their own injuries trying to save the boy as his blood slowly spilled out around him.

"Kyle!" Kenny cried.

"Kyle?" Kas asked.

Oh no, he didn't do this? Did he?

"Anna, what do you mean?" Nikkolai questioned.

"He's one of my students," Kenny replied as he rushed to the boy. He leant over, resting his fingers against the kid's neck, sighing in relief that their was a faint pulse present.

"Who caused this?" Kas questioned as he looked around.

"Kyle saved us!" Chelsea coughed, blood spattering her hands.

Chels, you are hurt pretty badly, too.

Chelsea frowned, glancing down at the blood, seeing the wounds in her chest ripped open from the explosion. Nathan had a large gash across his face and one of his arms was clearly broken while Brie had bloody wounds all around her arms and legs. Nikkolai rushed forward to catch Chelsea as she stumbled on her feet. Chelsea frowned at the boy, trying to push from his grips.

"Look spice, I'm on your side! Let me heal you!" He snapped. "You are going to make the bleeding worse if you keep struggling!"

Chelsea sighed in defeat, allowing Nikkolai to work to save her. Kenny frowned as he struggled to heal Kyle with his magic. He had an idea this child had let go of the restraints on his abilities, using his emotions to stop an army. He sighed, watching as all the blood pooled around the child. He was going to have to get the boy to a hospital, Kyle needed a blood transfusion. But, transporting him could kill the kid. Also, as a fugitive, he could be killed on sight at the hospital.

"Kas, I don't know what to do," Kenny groaned as he studied the kid. Sweat dripped from his face as he pushed his own magic to the limits.

"Aren't you supposed to be some powerful Wizard? Why are you struggling?" Nikkolai snapped.