Chapter 16

White. That was all Riley saw as she fluttered in and out of consciousness. White walls. White floors. White Ceilings. Everywhere around her was nothing but white. She struggled to move. No matter how much she tried; she couldn't budge an inch.

Footsteps. Tap. Tap. Tap. Riley's eyes lifted to someone standing beside her bed, impatiently waiting for her to awaken. They let out a low chuckle, realizing Riley was awake bending down into her face as she stared up at them with wide, scared eyes.

"Hello, little bitch," they cackled. Riley gulped.

"Where are my friends?" She muttered struggling to move her lips.

"You have no friends!" They screamed. 

Riley flinched at the tone in their voice, averting her gaze as she shook her head in disagreement.

"No, I have lots of friends," she whispered.

"WHO? WHO? WHO are these friends!" They screamed.

"Well, Chelsea then Luke and Derek, and Kyle-"

They cut her off as they laughed, "Imaginary! They are all imaginary!"

Riley gulped as they leant closer, faces a mere few inches apart as they tapped Riley's forehead, "they are all in here Riles."

Riley shook her head. No they weren't. They were real.

"You are insane, can't you see that?"

Riley shook her head. No, she was not insane. They were lying.

"Look around you."

She did as told, gasping as she discovered the reason for her struggling to move. She was bound in a straightjacket.

"No, this can't be real!" She gasped. "I am the Sorceress!"

The girl laughed as she paced back and forth in the small room pausing to take a seat on the empty bed next to Riley, her gaze never leaving the girl, her voice almost a whisper as she said, "magic isn't real."

"Yes, it is! It is very much real!" Riley cried.

"That is exactly why you are in this place."

"Why? Because I believe that magic is real! Why am I in the straight jacket then!"

"You had another manic episode. You tried attacking him!" She screamed, clenching the end of the bed as she stopped herself from jumping towards Riley. 

Riley tried to remember. Who did she try to attack? The other girl watched her in the room intently, smirking as she tried to remember. Riley glanced up, meeting the girl's brown eyes as she stared directly into them trying to penetrate her mind. Nothing but a buzz.

"You know, its all YOUR fault," the girl stated.

"What's all my fault?" Riley asked.

"Why he doesn't come to see me every week anymore."

"Who," Riley cried, "who are you talking about?"

"You shouldn't have tried to attack him. You shouldn't have let your mind wrap up in its delusional notion that you are powerful!" She screamed.

The girl leapt up off the bed, walking over and leaning into Riley's face unblinking as she spoke in a low, cold tone,"you are weak; you are nothing. If it wasn't because of you and your meddling, this would never have happened."

Riley glared up at her, annoyed at the game she was playing.If she had access to her arms, she probably would have already hit the girl. 

"I would be with him right now. We would be happy together! Jasmine and Morgan wouldn't be dead! Kenny would never exist in this world. But NO, you had to MEDDLE!"