Chapter 25

Anna made sure to land on top of the guys this time when they stumbled back to the present, sandwiching Nikkolai and Kasim between Kenny and her. Kenny groaned, shoving Nikkolai, Kas, and her off, sending them falling back, sliding into the bookshelves behind them.

"Brother!" Donnie grinned.

Anna frowned in disappointment as she observed her surroundings. They were still in the library. They should've traveled forward in time, yet everything looked almost the same as when they had left.

"Wait, you look just the same?" Nikkolai questioned as he studied the female elf.

"Dude, she's an elf. They don't age," Kas snapped.

"Did it really work?" Kenny gasped as he studied his hands.

"Yes, now come on, you need to get to the meeting hall!" Donnie cried tugging Kenny's arms, urging the others to follow.

"Why?" Kenny questioned.

"The royal brothers are all at the castle!"

Kenny froze in shock. With the royal elf family, besides the Queen and her twin, she had five other full blooded siblings, none of which necessarily got along with each other. The royal brothers preferring to stay in their respective areas of rule. It was rare to have all of them together at once, and he didn't recall ever seeing it happen in history since the Elf wars eons ago when Valeria first became queen and two of the brothers hadn't even been born yet.

"What is going on?" Kenny questioned.

"A lot has happened these past couple of weeks," Donnie sighed.

"Donella, please explain," Kenny snapped.

"Well, it all began when the youngest brother forced a portal open without a gate key, sending fifty wizards through to safety. Then-"

"Brother?" Kas interrupted.

"Oh, the heir of course!" Donnie grinned. "He is only a half elf which was what shocked all of us that he could complete the task with no prior training!"

"Who exactly are you talking about?" Nikkolai asked suspicious.

Marcus.

"What was that, Anna?" Kas questioned.

Kenny sighed, as the pieces clicked into place. That explained the strange white aura the boy possessed and the connection he could feel between Riley and him. That was why Riley was protected under the elves. She was ultimately the final safety net to ensuring the heir's succession to the throne. Linking two powerful wizards through blood made them practically indestructible. Thankfully that was the case, or Riley would have died after the chaos of Anna's reawakening.

"Hell, I always knew there was something strange about that boy," Nikkolai grinned, "no wonder why he felt off."

"The Queen wiped both their memories, didn't she? Riley grew up with her at her side with frequent visits to her younger brother, Marcus," Kenny muttered as he studied his sister.

"Correct! She actually trained Riley at a young age. Now you understand why she caught on to magic so quickly!" Donnie smiled.

Kenny nodded his head in agreement. She was right, that was why she caught on so fast. He also suspected Riley had been aware of her abilities when he first met her. He smirked, recalling back on fighting against Riley's seduction that first day, how he had caved so easily. She hadn't even been aware her magic was enhancing their feelings for each other.

Donella led them through the castle, pausing outside great wooden doors with the Elven family tree engraved on it. She knocked on the doors, stepping back as they swung open revealing the elven royalty sitting in a large room in various places, arguing about war.