Chapter 33

Kenny wasn't pleased that the Resistance had been split up between two continents. They had ended up leaving Chelsea, Kyle, and Nathan behind with his father and Spell-master Domingo back at the Irish Council headquarters while Voisin had insisted on everyone else moving to the Canadian Council headquarters, one of the 3 councils the Resistance had control over.  Rachel, Ryder, Samir, and Leila had been ordered to change course and go after Dalia while both Marcus and Devan were still AWHOL.

The Canadian Council headquarters was a madhouse as they entered. Everyone was rushing around in a frenzy as they ran reports of an elven fight breaking out in South Carolina. Kenny glanced over at Kas in worry, knowing that was where Devan and Marcus had gone to. Reports had also broke in on the successful capture of Charlotte Emrys, Riley's mother. However, there had not been a single sighting of Riley's father yet.

An announcement had been made that Michael Noble would be holding a press conference that would be starting shortly. Everyone gathered around the giant tv monitors watching as the cameras went live to the interior of the Noble mansion. Michael Noble went on a bit about the status of the war before introducing his children.

Kenny froze as he saw Luke guiding Riley down the stairs. Both looked defeated as they appeared on screen. "Riley knows he has her mother," Voisin stated.

"Then why does Luke have that face?" Derek asked. The last time he had seen his friend with that look was when Anna died.

He thinks Chelsea and Nathan are dead.

"Anna's right, that's the only reason he's being so cooperative," Nikkolai frowned as he studied the screen.

"No, wait, maybe not," Kas smirked as Luke threw out a curve ball.

Kenny clenched his fists, angered that Luke was marrying Riley. Riley and Michael Noble both looked just as shocked about the date being moved to four days from now. Luke was urging them to stop the wedding. Kenny could tell by the look in his eyes.

He frowned as Riley began to speak, working hard to cover up Luke's antics. By the end, she was in tears and Kenny had punched a hole in the wall in frustration causing all the other Wizards to look over at him in shock. Kenny rubbed his fist as he muttered curse words under his breath hating that Riley was giving in so easily.

He was just about to leave the room when he froze in his tracks at Luke's words. "The noble thing to do is wait before marriage."

Kenny whirled around, relief washing over him that Luke didn't want this. He didn't want Riley. He was only playing along to keep her safe. Derek looked just as shocked, surprised his best friend hadn't gotten in Riley's pants yet. Anna snickered, shaking her head before she burst out into laughter.

"Anna, why so amused?" Kas questioned.

The man whore wants to wait!

Derek broke out into laughter with Anna, shaking his head as tears streamed down his cheeks. Anna was right. Luke wasn't being himself. Before long, Kenny was even chuckling while the other wizards looked at them in confusion.

"I think they lost it," Brie sighed.

"No, they do have a point. Luke does not wait for anything," Nikkolai replied.

Kas paused, glancing over at Anna. "Hey, Anna, I think now, would be the perfect time to hijack the broadcast."

Anna paused, glancing over at Kas with wide eyes. "Absolutely not!" Dean snapped.

"What do you plan to gain by hijacking the broadcast?" Jude Cecil, the head of the Canadian council and Kyle's uncle questioned.

"Truth," Kas smirked, "only the truth."