Chapter 15

Luke gripped Riley's hand returning to her side yet again. He was completely drained, unable to keep the illusions at bay any longer. She was struggling, sweat lined her face as she whimpered in her forced slumber living out whatever nightmare his father had planned. Her skin was on fire, the whole bed soaked with sweat. Poor Riles really was fighting hard. Luke gasped, watching as cuts broke out all over her beautiful arms resembling the moody boy's whenever he healed someone.

"What are they doing to you?" Luke cried as he squeezed Riley's hand between his.

"Impossible," Wren muttered appearing in the doorway as he studied Riley.

Luke frowned, he didn't need Cosmo pestering him. The dumb ass was supposed to be resting in his own room, not up moving around snooping.

"Go away, Wren," Luke snapped.

Wren ignored him, coming into the room anyway.

"Wow, you really are an idiot," Wren smirked.

"And just when I thought I had make a breakthrough on you," Luke groaned.

Wren chuckled shaking his head amused as he stood beside Luke, his brown eyes studying Riley.

"I'm just surprised you didn't realize that spell is 100% elf," he admitted.

Wren was eying the familiar pattern on the Sorceress's arms. Of course, the boy wouldn't be familiar with elf magic. That wasn't exactly taught at school.

"Elf?" Luke questioned picking up on Wren's thoughts, narrowing his eyes as he studied the smug man before him.

"Yes, it is a bonding spell," Wren grinned.

"Who the fuck bonded with her?" Luke snapped gasping as the signs clicked into place.

"Shit, Marcus is an elf?"

"It appears so. Why does he pose as a human?" Wren quizzed.

"Unless-"

"He doesn't know the truth!" Luke gasped interrupting Wren.

"He is the elven prince Riley must protect."

"Well, I'll be damned," Wren grinned, "that's some useful information."

"You are correct, Wren," Michael Noble smirked, stepping into the room.

Luke whirled around groaning at the sight of his father. At least he didn't bring Spell-master Bitchton with him this time. Wren gulped, averting his gaze from the man, positioning himself behind Luke in fear.

"Why are you here?" Luke snapped.

"I came to check in on Wren," he replied, "I see your weak ass is standing again."

"Yes, sir. I apologize for my failure," Wren mumbled as he averted his gaze from the man.

"No, it was my own lapse in judgement," Michael Noble sighed.

"Daddy dearest admitted to something wrong?" Luke sarcastically replied.

"Yes, because Derek should have been the one I killed all those years ago, not Kasim," His father grinned.

"You monster!" Luke cried jumping up from his seat.

Michael Noble held his finger up, shaking it and his head at the same time, making a tsking noise with his tongue, "if you do recall, I hold your friend's lives in my hands. Like right now, in retaliation for your buddy's actions, another had to pay. Unfortunately, it was Marcus."

"What did you do?" Luke snarled.

"Why I just blew up the Egyptian Council and blamed it on the Resistance," his father grinned, "it is rather unfortunate that I hadn't realized Marcus's lineage until after the fact. Oh well, I still have their queen."