Chapter 8

The sky turned black as lightning crackled in the sky from Wren's summoning. Derek smirked, glad to see an actual challenge was coming. A flash of flames came barreling Derek's way as the demon screamed, "Who dare summons me?"

Wren bowed his head towards the monstrous mix of wolf with a serpent's tail standing before him in anger. He knew he needed to tread carefully over his words and not show an ounce of fear as he spoke to the powerful being before him.

"I apologize, Marquis Amon, but I could really use your assistance in battle."

"Wren, are you suicidal?" Luke gasped as he stood in the entryway staring at the high ranked demon in shock. Amon locked eyes on Luke, morphing into a more human form of a man with the teeth of a wolf as he grinned at the boy.

"A noble who will aid the usurper?" He predicted. Luke gulped as he averted his eyes from the demon.

"Come on Luke, why so terrified? Is it because he speaks the truth?" Derek screamed. Amon's attention turned to Derek as he studied the boy in interest.

"A formidable opponent with a dark sinful past," Amon grinned.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah; I know," Derek sighed rolling his eyes at the demon, "is that all you can do is state obvious facts?"

"Amon, please defeat this man!" Wren cried. Amon narrowed his eyes on Wren causing the man to flench in fear.

"I do not see defeat a plausible option," Amon snapped.

"Wh-what?" Wren stuttered, "don't tell me the tyrant took control of this demon too?"

Derek cackled as he heard Ratshit roar in the background as it continued aiding his friends in the battle of the wizards while Luke, Wren, Amon, and Derek stood at odds and out of mind from the others who were busy fighting for their lives.

"Mixed blood, natural and forced will combine," Amon stated again.

"Ok, now this man is really annoying. Did you think you could win this battle by summoning a demon to annoy me to death?" Derek asked as he crossed his arms, glaring at Wren.

"Hush, mortal," Amon boomed turning and blowing flames out of his mouth towards Derek.

"Wren, you dumbass. You should know flames are no match against water," Derek grinned as he created a protective shield of water around himself, letting the flames engulf the magic before they slid off the shield extinguished.

"Your rescue mission will fail," Amon grinned as he disappeared taking Rakshasha with him. With the beast gone, Derek's friends soon were overwhelmed by the army turning the tables in the battle.

"No! You stole Ratshit!" Derek screamed into the air as he watched his friends become overwhelmed trying to fight for their lives.

They were seriously outnumbered now and his magic was running low after that shield. The demon's fire was stronger than he anticipated taking more to protect him than he wished to spend. Derek wiped the sweat from his brow as his eyes narrowed in on Wren before lunging forward and clocking him in the nose, taking the man by surprise as he stumbled backwards.

"Really? You just punched me?" Wren screamed covering his bloody nose.

"And I am about to do much more!" Derek grinned.

"Derek," Luke warned wearily eying the cold look in his best friend's eyes.

"Do you know the human body is composed of 70% water?" Derek questioned as he glared at Wren slowly lifting his wand to Wren's chest with a cold look on his face, a sadistic glint in his eyes.