Chapter 33

Delia's POV:

I woke up to Cedric shaking me awake, I grunted and rolled over and he stopped shaking me. I thought he had left but then I felt someone picking me and some voices.

I opened my eyes a little and saw that it was dark outside and then door's opening and closing, "What is this stuff?" I heard my dad ask. "It's Delia's she doesn't want anyone to touch it," Cedric said.

"Well enough of that let's get inside, before we freeze to death," I heard mum say in the distance. I heard one last door close and my trunk being pulled inside. "Lay her down right here darling," Mum said to Cedric.

I felt myself being lowered on the couch, and then everyone leaving, "Mum?" I whispered. "Yes darling," she said coming over to me. "How do you know Hagrid so well?" I asked her.

"Oh darling we can talk in the morning you need to go back to sleep," she said then kissed my head and I heard a door closing. I opened my eyes and saw everything sitting in the living room.

I got up and walked over to my bag and grabbed one of the Quidditch books and sat back down on the couch, but before I could start I heard peeking on the windows, I walked over and opened them to see Olaf and Sven sitting on the window sill.

"Well come on in," I said, and they flew in and got on top of their cages. I walked over and put them in the cages then handed them some owl treats.

I walked back over and opened the book and started reading it.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Harry's POV-

Every night I go back to the mirror to see my parents and several days ago I saw my grandparents there to. I sat down on the floor and looked up to see my parents smiling and one of my grandfather's nodding happily to me.

I sat down and was going to stay there all night, when I heard a voice from behind me, "Back again Harry," I felt scared to death, I turned around slowly and saw Professor Dumbledore standing behind him.

"I didn't see you sir," I said shaking. "Funny how nearsighted being invisible can make you," he said and I was relieved to see him smiling. "So you like hundreds before you, have discovered the Mirror of Erised."

I looked at the mirror again, "I didn't know it was called that sir," I said. "But I expect you already know what it does," he said. "Well it shows me my family," I said looking up again and smiling.

"and it showed your friend Ron himself as Head Boy," Dumbledore said. "How-- how did you know that?" I asked him. "I don't need a cloak to become invisible," he said gently, "Now can you think of what the Mirror of Erised shows us all?"

I shook my head, Dumbledore smiled at me, "Let me explain, the happiest man on Earth would be able to use the Mirror of Erised like a normal mirror, that is, he would look into it and see himself, Does that help?" he said.

I thought for a moment, "It shows us what we want.....whatever we want," I said slowly. "Yes and no," Dumbledore said. I was confused at this point I wanted to see my family and I got it, how can that be yes and no.

But Dumbledore continued, "it shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most darkest desire of our hearts. You, who have never known your family see them standing around you. Ronald Weasley, who has always been overshadowed by his brothers, sees himself standing alone, the best of all of them. However this mirror will give us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away before it, entranced by what they have seen, or been driven mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible."

"The Mirror will be moved to a new home tomorrow, Harry, and I ask you not to go looking for it ever again, if you ever do run across it you will now be prepared. It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that. Now why don't you put that admirable cloak back on and get off to bed," he finished.

I grabbed my cloak and then something came to me, "Sir what do you see when you look into the Mirror?" I asked him. "I? I see myself holding a pair of thick, woolen socks," he said smiling.

I stared at him for what seemed to be forever, "One can never have to many socks," Dumbledore said, "Another Christmas come and gone, and I didn't get a single pair, people will insist on giving me books."

He smiled then turned away, I put my cloak back on and walked back to bed. When I got there though I was thinking if what he said was truthful, but when I laid down I thought it was quite a personal question to ask him.

I turned around and closed my eyes and dreamed of my family, my mum and dad meeting my beautiful wife, Delia and how we would be happy and they would be grandparents. It was a dream that kept me smiling through what seemed the whole night.