Chapter 36

Delia's POV:

We were coming back from our exams, when I noticed something wrong with Harry, "Harry are you ok?" I asked him softly. "Yea I'm fine," Harry said. I looked at him, but I just let it go. "I always heard, Hogwarts end of the year exams were frightful, but I found them rather enjoyable," Hermione said.

"Speak for yourself," Ron said. "Ron there not that bad, they were quiet easy," I said. Ron ignored what I said. "You alright there Harry?" Ron asked. "My scar it keeps burning," he said. I looked at him knowing something was up, but he wouldn't look back.

"It's happened before?" Hermione asked. "Not like this," he said. "Maybe you need to go to the nurse, Harry," I suggested. "I think it's a warning, like something bad's going to happen," he said rubbing his scar some more. Then he stopped and was looking right at Hagrid's hut.

"Of course," he said. "What is it?" Hermione asked, but Harry had started speed walking to Hagrid, "Don't you think it's a bit odd, that what Hagrid wants more than anything is a dragon and a stranger just turns up and just happens to have one, I mean how many people wander around with dragon eggs in their pocket," Harry said, "Why didn't I see it before," he said running to Hagrid.

"Hagrid who gave you that dragon egg, what did it look like?" Harry asked. "Well I don't know, never got to see his face, he kept his hood up," Hagrid said. "Did this stranger know, you and him must have talked," Harry said.

"Well he wanted to know what kind of creatures I looked after, I told him, I said after Fluffy a dragons going to be no problem," Hagrid said smiling. "Did he seemed interested in Fluffy?" Harry asked.

"Well of course he was interested in Fluffy how often do you come across a three headed dog," Hagrid said, "Even if you're in the trade, but I told him I said, the trick with any beast is to know how to calm him."

"Take Fluffy for example, just play him a bit of music and he falls straight to sleep," Hagrid said. I looked at Hermione and Ron and Harry then back to Hagrid who seemed to realize what he had just done. "I shouldn't have told you that," he said frowning.

We ran back to the castle and Hagrid bellowing after us, "Where ya going, Where ya going." Once we got in the castle we ran straight to Professor McGonagall. "We have to see Professor Dumbledore immediately," Harry said.

"I'm afraid Professor Dumbledore is not here," she said. I looked around at all of them and saw shocked faces and Harry's looked both shocked and mad. "He received an urgent owl from the Ministry of Magic and left immediately for London," McGonagall said.

"He's gone, now, but this is important, it's about the Sorcerers Stone," Harry said. Now it was time for Professor McGonagall to be shocked, "How do you know?" She asked us. "Someone's going to steal it," Harry said.

"I don't know how you four found out about the Stone, but I ensure you it is perfectly well protected," she said, "now would you go back to your dormitories, quietly."

We shook our heads and walked away, "That was no stranger Hagrid met, it was Snape, which means he knows how to get past Fluffy," Harry said once we were out of ear shot of McGonagall. "And with Dumbledore gone," said Hermione.

But then a voice came from behind us, I turned around to see Snape, "Now what would a bunch of Gryffindor's like yourselves, be inside on a day like this?" Snape said smoothly. "We- we were just..." Hermione began. "You want to be careful people might think you were up to something," he said looking at Harry.

I looked over and saw Harry giving him a look of anger, then he turned and walked away, "Now what do we do?" Hermione asked.

"We go down the trap door," Harry said looking at us, "tonight."

________________________________________________________

Harry's POV-

That night after everyone went to bed we ran down to the common room with my invisibility cloak. "We might need to put the cloak on here, to make sure it covers all of us," I said, "if Filch spots one of our feet...." I began, but then something caught my eye.

"Trevor," I said looking at the toad. "Trevor, go, shh you shouldn't be here," Ron said. "Neither should you," Neville said coming from behind the chair, "your sneaking out again aren't you."

"Now Neville listen...." I began, but he interrupted me. "No, I won't let you, you'll get Gryffindor in trouble," Neville said, "I'll- I'll fight you," he said putting up his fists.

But Delia had already got her wand out, "Neville I'm really sorry about this," She said, "Petfrificus Totalus," she said and Neville's arms snapped to his sides and he fell back as stiff as a board. "What was that?" Ron asked. "It's a full body bind," she said putting her wand away.

"You and Hermione are scary sometimes," Ron said to them, they shook their heads, "You know that, brilliant, but scary."

I looked at Neville then back to them, "Lets go," I said stepping over Neville, "sorry." "Sorry," Hermione and Delia said. "It's for your own good, you know," Ron said then joined us at the Portrait Hole.

We got under the cloak and was at the door 20 minutes later because Peeves held us up. "Ow you stood on my foot," Hermione said. "Sorry," Ron mumbled. "Alohorma," Hermione said then opened the door.

"Wait a minute, he's snoring," Ron said, then it snored and blew the cloak off us. "Snape's already been here," I said looking at the enchanted harp.

"Ugh it's got horrible breath," Ron said. "Come on we have to move it's paw," I said. Ron looked at me, "What?" "Come on," I said going over to his paw and grabbing it.

Delia walked over and put her hand beside mine, I could feel her brush my hand and then grabbed onto it, I looked over at her, then to Hermione and Ron, "Alright push," I said.

After we moved it Delia walked over and opened it up. "I'll go first, don't follow until I've given you a sign, if something bad happens get yourselves out," I said looking at them and I saw Delia freeze like she had just got hit with the Full Body bind.

"Does it seem a bit quiet to you?" I asked them. "It's the harp it's stopped playing, which means the dogs awake," Delia said. "Ah yuck," Ron said putting his hand to his shoulder and bringing off of what looked like drool.

I looked up and saw that Delia was right, the dog was awake.