Chapter 8

Meryl woke up and smiled at the feel of her husbands breath on her neck, his legs intertwined with hers, and his hands clasped together with hers just under her breast. She could feel his smile against her skin and could tell by his breathing that he wasn't asleep. She brought his hands up to her mouth and kissed them.

"Merry Christmas, babe." He said as he moved her hair to the side and kissed her ear.

Meryl turned over and came face to face with his. She gently pressed her lips to his. "Merry Christmas. How'd you sleep?" She asked gently rubbing her hands across his back where his bruises were.

"I'm really fine, baby." He assured her.

"I could just strangle your father, I can't believe he abu-" She was cut off by his tongue licking her bottom lip and then entered her mouth.

"It's Christmas." He said breaking away. "Don't let him upset you. It's our first Christmas together." He smiled as he cupped her ass and pulled her closer to him.

"Which means I can give you your present." She smiled.

"Ooooh...on Christmas morning with my family downstairs? I like it." He said sucking on her neck causing her to giggle.

She gently pushed him away. "You wish." She laughed. "You already got your Christmas sex." She laughed as she got up and went to her bag as he reached into the bedside table and got hers.

"Merry Christmas." She smiled as she got back into bed sitting up, facing him, and handed him his present.

"Merry Christmas." He replied doing the same.

"You go first." They said at the same time, laughing.

"No, you." Meryl insisted.

Don smiled and opened the package finding a silver dress watch.

"This is really nice, babe, thank you." He said as he gave her a thank you kiss.

"Look at the the back." She said turning it over.

"D, thanks for giving me time to enjoy our love, Mxxx. It's just, thank you." He said choked as he placed a long thank you kiss on her lips. "It was worth it. We already have an amazing life."

"Yes, we do. I mean it, Don, I don't know what I would have done had I never met you. I don't know what I would do without you and your love." She told him with emotion.

"Well, that isn't something you have to worry about. Open your present." He smiled.

Meryl carefully opened the gift, much different than how he opened the one she gave him. She gasped as she opened the black velvet box. Inside laid a gold heart shaped locket. He helped her open it and inside were many pictures: the first night they met, their wedding, and Thanksgiving.

"Don, I don't know what to say. Where did you get the picture from the screening?" She asked.

"Don't you remember? Third had someone take a picture of the four of us, and you and I happened to be together in the middle. I just cut out your brother and Jimmy." He said making her laugh. "Here, look at the back."

"The story of us. Love, Dxxx." She read.

"There are several places for pictures. It is a reminder that you have my heart with you wherever you are. Whether it is at home when I am with you, or when you are off on some location." He said wiping the tears from her eyes. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to make you cry.

"You are just, I have no words. I love you so much, Don." She choked.

"I love you too, babe." He said as he slowly pressed his lips to hers. As soon as she felt his lips on hers she opened her mouth wider inviting his tongue to play. Their kissing didn't stay innocent for long, as usual, things quickly heated up. Meryl pushed Don down on his back, but the romantic moment ended when Don flinched in pain, causing Meryl to immediately sit up and pull him with her. "I'm sorry."