Chapter 37

Meryl and Don spent the rest of the day around the apartment, relaxing, and taking care of Henry. After taking his temperature that morning, he started feeling alot cooler, and was no longer fussy. Henry had been the perfect baby from the moment he was born. He only cried when he was hungry, dirty, or wet. He started staying awake longer and would communicate with his parents through his big and beautiful blue eyes, he was even learning to flirt with his mother, which she said was just like Don. They decided to go ahead and go to Woody Allen's party for a little bit since he seemed to be doing so well.

***

Don walked into the bedroom that night and stopped dead in his tracks. She was wearing the same outfit she wore for the Kramer premiere, but her hair was pulled up along the sides and the back, giving him a glimpse of her slender and bare neck. She was wearing the family bracelet he had given her for Christmas, diamond earrings, and the necklace he gave her when Henry was born. He swore she was even thinner than before she was pregnant. Every time he mentioned something about it in concern, she told him that it was because she was nursing.

"Holy shit! I hope Henry sleeps well tonight, because I have something on my mind." He said walking over to her and pulling her into his arms.

"So, you like?" She asked smiling.

"What do you think?" He asked as he pulled her hips tightly against his.

"I think you do." She smiled as she tenderly touched her lips to his, careful not to smear her lipstick. "You are looking incredibly handsome yourself. You know how it drives me crazy when you don't button the top buttons of your shirt." She said as she toyed with his exposed chest hair. He was wearing black pants, a simple white shirt, and a black jacket. It definitely got her blood pumping.

"I'm no idiot." He smirked. "Henry still sleeping?" He asked looking into the bassinet.

"Like a baby, he seems to be doing better. He's cool and ate well a minute ago." She said as she bent down to kiss him.

"Who knows, maybe it was just a fluke deal. You okay with going out tonight?" He asked as he too placed a kiss on their baby's head.

"Yeah, I am. He seems fine, plus Mom and Dad will be here. I want them to call if anything happens though, even if it seems insignificant." She said.

"Of course, and we will come right back. As much as I want to go out with you, Henry is more important." He smiled as the door bell rang. "Love you, son." He said placing another kiss on his head and went to answer the door, leaving Meryl to smile.

"Grandma and Grandpa are here. You be a good boy, and Mommy and Daddy will be home later. We love you, Hen man." She said as she leaned down to place a kiss on his sleeping bald head.

***

Meryl walked into the living room while Don was taking her parents coats. "Thanks again for coming over, I really don't think we will be gone long." Don said.

"You stay out as late as you want, enjoy the time." Mary said.

"Well, Henry hasn't been acting like himself and had a borderline fever today." Meryl said.

"Is he better?" Harry asked knowing there was no way his daughter and her husband would leave if Henry was sick.

"He seems better." Don said.

"Yeah, he's been smiling and eating and is cooler." Meryl agreed.

"Maybe it was just a fluke deal." Mary smiled.

"That's what we're hoping." Don added.

"Yeah, okay, so he is asleep in our room. He's been bathed and ate. There are a few bottles in the refrigerator, but he should only need one, hopefully." Meryl began.