Chapter 18

A few days later and Meryl and Don were in Rome. After their rocky night in the tent in Sardenia they stayed in a nice hotel that over looked the ocean. They enjoyed walks along the beach, romantic meals, naps, and just being together. They wanted to savor every minute because they knew once the baby came, time together like this would be very hard to come by.

In Rome, Don booked them into one of the nicest hotels, Hotel Campo De Fioro, and into the honeymoon suite. It was large and beautiful. It had the biggest bed either of them had ever seen, but it didn't matter, whenever they were in the bed they were snuggled up right next to each other, or on top of each which was the case when they were awake. The bedroom had a huge jacuzzi tub, which Don wouldn't let them use the jets because he heard it was bad for pregnancies. After they would sight-see during the day they would go back to the hotel, Don would give her a massage, and then they would take a long bath together before going to dinner. They had never felt closer, and as happy as they would be to be back in their apartment and get ready for their baby, they were sad to leave their honeymoon.

***

It was their last night in Rome, and Don had made reservations in the historical restaurant, Antica Pesa. He had read about it, and that there was a beautiful garden on the premises, perfect for a summer evening. He didn't tell Meryl where they were going, but she had a feeling that since it was their last night in Rome, and they would be going home the next day, then it was probably going to be somewhere special. Don was standing on the balcony, which looked towards the Colosseum, and waited for her.

Meryl stepped out of the bathroom and stopped at the sight of her gorgeous husband standing on the balcony. She could tell he was admiring the Colosseum, just by the look on his face. She could tell the wheels were turning and he was thinking about his next piece of art. As attracted as she was to his body and his heart and spirit, she was equally as attracted to his artistic side. He stood there in charcoal gray slacks, which accentuated his fabulous ass, and a blue shirt which matched his eyes. She was hoping he left the top couple of buttons unbuttoned like he usually did. She swore that her heart skipped a beat as she just stood there and watched him.

"Do you see anything you like?" She said in a sultry voice bringing an end to his artistic thoughts.

He turned around and it was time for his heart to skip a beat. She stood there in an emerald green dress with an empire waist that showed off her ever growing baby bump, and a plunging neck line which was lined with stones. Her hair hung in loose curls, and was pulled up at the sides. To him, she was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.

"I do now." He smiled as he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "You are absolutely beautiful." He said as he tenderly brushed her cheekbones.

"You are the most handsome man in the world." She replied as she ran her fingers through his gorgeous curly black hair. She loved running her fingers through his hair, just as he loved running his fingers through her hair.

"Are you sure you are up for going out? Not too tired?" He asked, always concerned about her health.

"Of course not, that massage and bath energized me." She said placing a slow kiss on his lips.

"Well, let's get going." He smiled as he releases his hold on her to put on his jacket.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going?" She asked straightening and brushing invisible lent off of his lapels.

"Nope, it's a surprise." He smiled as he took her hand and handed her a shawl, draping it over her shoulders.

"By the way, I'm glad you didn't button your top buttons." She winked as they walked out of their suite.