Starting of my secret..

I woke up to the sound of my alarm clock blaring loud. I hurry as I turn my alarm off...I really can't deal with my parents right now. I go to the bathroom and get ready for school. I hurry as I brush my teeth and my hair and rush to the kitchen. I start making pancakes for my parents. Ever since my older sister drowned in Hawaii, my parents haven't been the same. They are more rough against me. They are stressed and are still trying to get over the pain of my sister dying. As I place the pancakes on a plate and on the table I hear my mothers foot steps.

"Taylor! I came down here 10 minutes ago and there was no breakfast! Why?!" she asks.

"I'm sorry mother. I was running late and-" I start as I get interrupted.

"I don't care. Tomorrow morning I want breakfast ready 10 minutes earlier!" My mother says as she sits down at the table.

"Yes ma'am." I say as my father is heading down the steps and also sits at the table.

"That's right Taylor. Listen to your mother" my father says.

"Yes father" I say. I can't help but wonder if breakfast tastes okay...I hope it does..I really hope it does..I can't have another morning like yesterday morning.

"How does it taste?" I asked nervously.

"Taylor just go to school! You're going to be late!!" My mother shouts.

"You're the one who makes me late" I murmur under my breath.

"What was that young lady?!!" My mother says as she quickly stands from the table. Before she can come any closer to me I grab my things and rush out the door. Hopping on the closest bus I can, only wondering about if I was closer to her, what would've happened...shivering at the thought, I get off the bus at my school. May and Kate run over to me and hug me.

"How was your morning?!" May says excitedly.

"It was great." I lied. "How was your morning May?"I say.

"Oh it was great! I got to sleep in later than usual!!"she says.

I laugh and look at Kate. "How was your morning Kate?"

"Good I guess" Kate says. Obviously something is wrong with Kate, but I decide to drop it as I'm about to be late for first period.

*warning bell rings meaning we have 10 minutes to get to our first period

"Oh okay guys I gotta go! Love ya!" I say as I hug them both and run to my locker. As I turn the corner, I run into a stiff body...only to realize it was Max.

"Max!" I say. As I hug him."How was your morning? You weren't there with May, Kate and I" I ask and state curiously.

"Yeah, sorry I had a locker jam. And my morning was good, besides the locker jam" he chuckles as he speaks. Max was pretty attractive. Blue eyes, blonde hair, with a tent of freckles on his cheeks. Max has been one of my best friends since elementary school. I love him dearly. He helps me through my problems and is a very good listener. "How was your morning Taylor?" He asks.

"My morning was okay I guess" I fake a smile as I lie.

"Well that's good. I'm gonna have to catch up to you later or else I'm going to be late." He smiles and walks to his class. I head to my locker and grab my stuff for first period. As I walk in the classroom, kids are already sitting down and they started looking at the huge bruise on my arm. Oh no! My sleeve must've rubbed up my arm! At that moment I quickly grab my sleeve and stretch it down my arm to cover the bruise. As I sit down at my desk I think of how I forgot my jacket..probably when I rushed out of the house away from my mother. As I was thinking I heard my name being called.

"Taylor."someone says.

"Taylor!"someone calls my name again until I look up and see that it was the teacher...

"Welcome Taylor. Glad you could join us." He says as all the other children are laughing at my stupidity.

"Sorry I-" I start as I get interrupted...again for the second time this morning.

"It's fine Taylor." My teacher says. "Now what does 'x' equal when it's in that equation" he says as he points at the board. At this moment, I know that this day will be a long one.

Lunch finally comes and I am sitting at my usual lunch table when Macy and her minions, Ashley and Ann, sit at my table. Great...exactly what I need today.

"Awe" Macy says as she squints her eyebrows and sits at my table followed by her minions as well.

"Just leave me alone" I say as I look down towards my food.

"You seem lonely so I came over here to cheer you up" Macy says as she smirks at me.

"I'm not lonely. My friends are coming so please leave." I say.

"You're so pathetic" she says as she gets up from my table and leaves.

"Pathetic" both of her minions say in sync as they follow Macy. Just then May, Kate, and Max sit at our table.

"What were they doing here?" Kate says.

"They just came here to tell me I looked lonely and that I'm pathetic." I say as I kept eating my lunch.

"Well that's stupid. They are so stuck up. Gosh! They wear a pound of makeup on their face and they want to call you pathetic! Ha!" Kate says, obviously irritated.

"Taylor, you're not pathetic." Max says kindly.

"Yeah Taylor. If anybody it's them that's pathetic." Says May.

"Thanks guys. I just hate how they think they run the place." I say rolling my eyes. The rest of lunch is spent laughing and talking about our lives and how 'pathetic' they are. Lunch was going 'okay' until May interrupts and says, "ohhh, Taylor look! It's Jacob!"

I turn my head where she is looking and see Jacob staring at me. He winks at me...Jacob White...Jacob White just winked at me..OMGOSH! I can't believe it. I turn around my cheeks blushing like crazy and look at May.

"Why May? Why did you have to say that? Now I can't stop blushing!" I whisper scream as I nervously laughed.

"He totally winked at you!!" May and Kate say in sync. I just smile and finish my food. After lunch, the rest of school day kinda flashed by. I am now headed to the bus when I hear a voice...

"Taylor!" I look around and keep walking.

"Taylor!!" I turn around and see Jacob. My heart starts racing and I just look at Jacob as he starts walking towards me.

"Hey Taylor" Jacob says as he stands in front of me.

"Ummm...h-hiii Jacob.." I stutter, dragging out the 'hi', as I look up at him.

"Hey I was wondering if you needed a ride" Jacob says as he laughs at my nervousness. As much as I wanted to say yes, I didn't want him to see my parents..because I know once I go home, it won't be pretty.

"Umm, no it's okay Jacob" I say, hoping he won't notice the nervous sound of my voice.

"Oh...okay...w-well maybe next time" he says as he gives me a warm smile.

"Yeah next time" I say as I sprint to catch the bus. I hurried as I got on the bus and hid my head as the bus went by. The bus ride is really short, and I get home super fast..which isn't good. The faster I get there, the faster I get hurt...or worse...just then the bus stops at my bus stop..I slowly walk off the bus and stare at my house...my house..where safety isn't a thing...where living isn't a thing...I love my parents, but sometimes, I wish they weren't alive. I think all of this while I'm still standing in front of my house staring at it and getting even more nervous as the time goes by.