Only if he knew.

As I walk up to my house, I hear shouting. Oh no..its my mother shouting...she knows I'm home. I take a deep breath and walk in the front door, shutting it behind me. I walk to my room and lay out all my homework. I get started on my homework when I overhear my mother's shouting.

"What do you mean?!"mother shouts.

"NO! No we are not doing that!"she says.

"Why? No! We are not having it there." What? Having what? Oh...it must be Sam's funeral..

"No! We are having it- NO! No! I have had it with you!" My mother shouts as she throws the phone across the room. It hits the wall and makes a loud noise. I jumped at the loud sound. There's no doubt that there's a dent in the wall. I focus on my homework when my mother comes charging in my room. She comes close to me, and sits on the edge of my bed. At this moment I am scared. She hasn't done this before. She interrupts my thinking, "Soooo...how was school?" She says with a smirk.

"Umm...it's was fine thanks." I say as I squint my eyes and look at her cautiously and nervously.

"Hmmm...that's good. Did any of your friends ask why you were so rude to your mother today?" She says staring at me. I can feel her eyes deep in my soul. There is no emotion in her eyes. Nothing. She doesn't love me...she's changed..a lot.

"Umm about that mother..I sincerely-"I start..as she interrupts..again.

"No no no. Don't worry about it sweetie it's fine" She gets up and turns around, standing towards the door. I let out a deep breath. Something feels different, I'm just glad she isn't going to hurt me this time. Thank God. Just as I was thinking she wasn't going to hurt me, she spins around and looks me in the eyes. Her eyes. I can see fire in her eyes. She is furious. Before I can think anything else she brings her hand back and slaps me straight across my face, and hard. I bring my hand up to my face to feel wetness...I look at my hand and see blood. I look at my mothers hand and see her ring. Her ring had gotten me hard in the face and I am bleeding...a lot. My mother doesn't stop there. She is shouting. Shouting at me..."HOW DARE YOU SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY, AND WALK OUT LIKE NOTHING HAPPENED?!!" She pauses to slap me again. In the same tinder spot that she hit me before. I winced in the pain, and she screams at me even more "I CANT BELIEVE YOU THINK IT IS OK TO SPEAK TO ME THAT WAY!! YOU ARE A DISAPPOINTMENT TO THIS FAMILY!!" This is when I start crying and blocking my face with my hands. My mother obviously doesn't like my reaction and hops on top of me. "YOU ARE PATHETIC! ALL YOU DO IS CRY!" She shouts. Just then my father comes up the steps. He stops at the sight and pulls my mother off of me, and sent her out of the room saying, "Honey, I will take it from here". He shuts the door and looks at me. I mean really looks at me. He then says "How can you talk to your mother in that tone?"

"I-I-I'm sorry" I sob.

"No you're not. But you will be" he threatens. I flinch at his words and block my face, getting ready for a blow. Thats when my father puts his hands on me and pushes me backward. I have never been pushed so hard in my life. He pushed me so hard I hit into my bed stand and fell to the ground. I lie there still. Waiting for another hit. And listening to the throbbing pain in my back. Ouch. My back. It hurts really bad. My dad then said "ARE YOU SORRY NOW?!" I don't respond. He then lifts me off the ground and spins me around looking at my back he finds the sore spot-which is already bruised, and punches it. I yelp at the pain and fall to my knees. Sobbing in my hands, I bend my head downward. I can't fight back. I'm not strong enough. I'm weak...just like my mother once said. I hear my father walk out of my room and slam my door. I then take a deep breath. And exhale. My alarm on my phone goes off letting me know that it's time to start dinner. If I don't get up now, and start dinner, I'm going to get another beating. Then again, it's my fault. Its my fault my parents hit me. I make them upset. It's my fault. That's why I take the hits...I deserve them. I stand as my legs give out and I fall down again. I use my bed stand and raise myself up. I slowly walk to my bed and shut off the alarm. I make my way limping down the steps and into the kitchen. I grab the frozen chicken and start boiling it. As I wait for it to boil, I go up to my room and go back to my homework. I finish just as the kitchen timer goes off letting me know that the chicken is halfway done. I go to the bathroom and clean my face and I notice that my entire face is swollen and bruised. I make my way down stairs and sit at the dining table. My parents come down and stand in front of me. My father is the first to speak.
"Where is our dinner?" He asks rudely.

"It's not quite ready yet father." I say nicely.

"Well...your mother and I are hungry now." He snaps.

"Father, if you eat it now then you will get sick. You can't eat it yet." I state.

"Well then. If u didn't make dinner on time, and it's not ready, then..you eat it" he says.

"What?"I ask

"You heard me. EAT IT!" He shouts slamming his fist on the dining table and stepping closer to me, threatening me to eat it.

"You can't make me eat it!! I'm going to get sick!" I state slightly raising my voice. That's when I look to my left. Can't go that way, the back door is locked. I look to my right and see that the front door is unlocked. If I run...and I make it out, then I can get away. But if I get caught, I'm in a world of trouble. I decide to make a run for it. I limp straight for the front door. And I run fast. I hear my father and mothers footsteps gaining behind me. I try and run fast, but I am still injured from the earlier events from today. YES! I'm going to make it! Finally! I can get away. I can forget this nightmare. I am two steps away from the door when I feel two strong hands come upon my shoulders and just then I knew it was my dad's. I get yanked back and I slide across the wooden floor. At this moment the door bell rang. My parents look at me then look at the door. My father answers it and says' "hello? How may I help you?" Hiding me with his body so I am not noticeable. I hear no response. At this second my parents are distracted by looking out the door. Obviously, some kids were playing 'ding dong ditch' a game where you ring a random doorbell then run and hide, and wait for the owner of the doorbells' reaction. Since my parents were distracted by looking and yelling at the kids. This was my chance. My chance to sneak out the back door. I limp as fast as I can to run out of the back door. I grab the 'back-up bat' by the back door, run out of the door and lock it before my parents can run and catch the door before it locks. I run around the side of the house. I make it to the road. I'm now at the side of the road. I don't see my parents. I can run. I can be free, and away from this hell hole. The entire time I was running, I was sobbing and crying. That's when my neighbor came out of his house and said "Taylor honey? Is that you? Are you lost? Here let me come to you" I knew I couldn't run away from him. I mean...he is an elderly, and if I run away, he would know something was wrong, and he would call the police, and then I would REALLY get a beat down. He came to me and said "let's get you home. Here there you are." I now am standing in front of my house..again..and my parents gave me a silent look of threat...staring at me..their stares slice me in half while they say "Thank you so much! Taylor was on a late night run and we thought we lost her. Thank you for bringing her back." My neighbor then said "It's no problem, as long as Taylor is safe." He said with a warm smile. Only if he knew...only if he knew he was sending me back to somewhere that was unsafe. He is making me unsafe...as I am thinking this I notice that I am still crying...only if he knew.