Learning

I wake up at 10:36. I look around the room. I instantly feel the pain in my hands.

"Ah...ow." I say quietly. I look over to the other side of the bed to see James. He isn't in the bed. I stand up out of bed and look in the bathroom. He isn't there either. I really don't want to walk out of the room, but I want to see James. I walk out of the room and down the steps. I turn the corner to see James in the kitchen.

"What are you doing?" I ask him. He jumps into the air.

"Don't do that!" He whisper shouts. I smile, but don't laugh.

"I was getting Tylenol for you because I knew your hands would hurt when you wake up." He says turning towards me. I smile and walk up to him. I hug him and he hugs me back. He hands me the pills with a cup of water.

"Here you go babe." He says. I smile and drank the pills. I look down at my knuckles. I decide to take the wrap off so I can see my knuckles. I slowly unwrap the wrap, until it got stuck. I tried pulling it up but it hurt. Every time I tried to get the wrap unstuck, I winced at the pain. James saw me struggling and he gently put his hands on the wrap and gets it unstuck. I thank him and look down at my knuckles. Wow. They are really raw. They hurt really bad. I look at the wrap that was just on my knuckles. The wrap is covered in blood. I guess I really hit that tree hard. I hold out my other hand at James.

"Could you unwrap this hand please?" I ask him with a raspy voice. He nods and slowly starts to unwrap my other hand. After the wrap is off I compare my hands to each other. They both look about the same. I then remember that I also kicked the tree. Just then, I sit down on a chair and slide my socks off of my feet. My feet are pretty swollen and bruised, but it didn't hurt to walk. James walks over to the counter and reaches on the shelf. He picks up a tube of medicine and comes back over to me. He takes the cap off of the medicine, squeezes the tube, and puts the medicine on his finger. He gently wipes the medicine on my knuckles it hurts at first, but I knew it was going to help. He did the same with the other hand. He then looked at me feet. There were a few cuts so he decided to put the medicine on them. He puts the medicine up and looks at me.

"Looks like you beat the trees ass." He says laughing. I quietly laugh and look up at him smiling.

"Did you know you left a dent in that tree?" He asks me. I nod slightly. I didn't think the dent was that big though.

"That's why I had to stop you from hitting it, because you were going to knock the whole tree down." He says. I laugh and look at him.

"I can't believe he did that to me." I say.

"Yeah, well he's a jerk." James says turning around walking towards the counter.

"I don't know why he did it though." I say.

"He was always one of my closest friends, and he does that to me." I say again. James just shakes his head.

"I dont know babe." He says pulling me into a hug. I decide not to worry about Max anymore, but instead I look at James.

"So you're cooking breakfast right?" I ask him. He raises his eyebrow at me. I lift my hands showing him Im injured and I can't make breakfast. He laughs and smiles at me.

"Alright alright. Yes I will make breakfast." He says turning towards the oven. I cheer silently in my head. We had breakfast with Kim and Violet. James and I walk back upstairs to his room. He starts playing GTA5.

"Tree." I say.

"I know." He says.

"Pole" I say.

"Yep I know. I saw it." He says getting playfully annoyed.

"OMGOSH! Old lady!" I say loudly.

"What where?!" He asks while running into a wooden telephone pole.

"Haha! Gotcha!" I say out loud laughing.

"How could I have fallen for that? There are no old ladies on GTA5" he says to himself.

"Yeah. I thought you could 'see'." I say sarcastically. He looks at me then back at his game. When he started driving again, he instantly paused his game and look at me. I look at him confused. He turns his body so he's facing me. He stares at my face.

"Nobody tricks me" he says while lunging at me making contact with my lips. I smile at that fact that he thinks he's cool. He pulls away.

"What are you smiling at?" He asks me.

"At the fact that you think your cool." I say laughing out loud.

"It sounds even funnier said out loud!" I say louder.

"You don't think I could be cool?" He asks me. Oh no. He jumps off of the bed and goes into the bathroom. He's in there for about 5 minutes.

"Hurry up James! You still not gonna be cool!" I holler to him. He swings the door open and plays a dramatic song while walking out of the bathroom, shirtless, with sunglasses on. I instantly laugh out loud grabbing my stomach. He looked like that one guy from the breakfast club.

"Ahhhh!!!" I laugh. He looks at me and stops the song.

"Come here baby." He says using a Elvis Presley's voice while scrunching his lip up.

"NOO!!" I say still laughing. He runs over to me and looks down at me. He looks at his phone and plays a song...he waits for the chorus..

"Kiss me with your best shot! Duh duh duh. Fire awaaaayyyyy." He sings while looking at me. I haven't stopped laughing since he came out of the bathroom looking like the breakfast club guy. He kisses me while I'm laughing. He gets on his phone turns around so his back is to me. And I hear a familiar song come on...

"JUST BEAT IT ". The song said. As the song said that, James pushed his butt out at me and sang with the song. I laugh scooching further away from him so I don't get hit by his butt.

"Ohhhh Just beat it!" He sings with the song. He stops the song and looks for another one...oh gosh...he jumps on the bed as the songs chorus comes on. Of course he sings with it.

"I LIKE BIG BUTTS AND I CAN NOT LIE, YOU OTHER BROTHERS CANT DENY, WHEN A GIRL WALKS IN WITH A ITTY BITTY WAIST AND A-"he starts singing as he's shaking his butt. I grab his phone laughing and turn off the music before Violet hears the bad song.

"Shhh!!" I manage to say while laughing my butt off.

"Am I cool now?" He asks.

"N-no." I say still laughing.

"I'm not?" He asks with puppy eyes. I shake my head no. He then looks up at me with his eyes wide...oh no. He snatches me and lays me on the bed tickling me.

"Ahhhh!!!" I yell while laughing. He tickles my stomach. I squirm around trying to get out of his reach, but he pulls me back.

"Say I'm cool, and I will stop tickling you." He says.

"N-No!" I yell.

"Okaayy." He says. He then moves his hands from my stomach to my neck then back to my stomach. I'm really ticklish as you can tell.

"Ahhhhh!!!" I yell in laughter. I squirm again.

"Say I'm cool!" He yells.

"Y-you're-AHHHH-cool-AHHH" I yell laughing. He stops tickling me.

"Thank you" he says. I can't help but stare at his abs. They are perfectly toned. He sees me staring and smiles at me.

"Am I cool now?" He asks while putting my hand on his abs. Electricity ran through my entire body. I freeze. All I can do to answer his question is nod slowly. He laughs. I take my hand from his abs. I then lay down in the bed while James pops in a movie. He comes over to me, and I sit up. He sits down, and I cuddle up next to him. He puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead. We both watched the movie until we fell asleep. Before I fall asleep I realize that I'm slowly learning how to get over Max. Max is the past. Max was a horrible friend. James is the future. James is my future.