I told him.

"Please! Please don't!" I cried to my mother.

"I'm sorry this is what happens when you're a bad girl." My mother says smiling. My mother turns towards me and yanks my hair pulling me into the air. She chucks me into a pit of dark and I'm flying until I hit the bott- "AHHHHHHHHH" I screamed as I sat up really fast. I woke up with nurses and my doctor around me. I'm sweating and crying. I look around and see all of them looking at me.

"Oww!!" I scream as I hold my side. Remembering that I maybe have a broken rib and I was breathing really heavy.

"Taylor honey? Are you okay?" My doctor says. I open my eyes real big and look around the room. Oh geez. It was just a dream. I look at the doctor.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay, I think, I was just breathing really heavy, and my
rib started hurting." I say trying to catch my breath. My doctor looks at his monitors and says, "it looks like you just had a major nightmare. You will be alright. I would though recommend your boyfriend making sure you're okay, you know by staying beside you that way you know you're not alone." I nod at his knowledge and look at James. James smiles at me and walks up to the hospital bed. All of the doctors and nurses walk out of the room.

"James?" I ask.

"Yes Taylor?" He says back.

"Can u lay with me? That way if I have another bad dream you're right here?" I ask.

"Sure" James says as he lays down beside me.

"You okay?" James asked me as he settles in the bed.

"Yeah. Just a bad dream." I say.

"Taylor. You're going to be okay. I'm right here. You're safe now." He says assuringly. And to be honest. I do feel safe. I feel safe when I'm in James's arms. I feel safe with him just right here next to me.

"Thanks James." I say.

"No problem" he says. I look at him and he faces me. I make a scrunched face.

"What?" He asks looking around.

"When u looked at me. Your arm moved and hit my maybe broken rib." I say trying not to breath too hard with his arm still touching my maybe broken rib. I said that while pointing at his arm.

"Oh! I'm sorry Taylor!" He whisper screams.

"You're fine James" I look at him smiling.

"You're so tough Taylor." He says to me.

"Well I mean I did get abused. I faced a lot worse than someone accidentally touching my possibly broken rib." I said laughing-instantly regretting it cause of my rib. James frowns.

"What exactly did they do Taylor?" He asks. I know he really didn't want to ask but he wanted to make me feel better.

"Well, I was going to tell you tomorrow morning, but I can't fall asleep now, so I will just tell you now" I said.

"Okay"

"Well. I had to wake up every morning and make them breakfast. I had to make it before they came down because if I didn't, then I would get a beating. Then I had to watch them eat it in front of me. They didn't allow me to eat. After breakfast my dad insulted me, and I took a bus to school. Then I went to school everything was fine except for Macy and her minions Ashley and Ann." I paused. Thinking about what they did earlier to me today.

"Hey it's okay you don't have to keep telling me" he says.

"No. No. I want to. I want to feel better." I said to him. "So then I would go back onto the bus and go home. If I got home late I would get beat, if my father had a bad day, I would get beat, or if my mother had a bad day I would get beat. Then I had an alarm every afternoon so I could get up and make them dinner. I made them dinner, watched them eat it, and I couldn't eat. Then after dinner I would wash up and go to bed. So basically I did everything around the house. When they drank and got drunk, I had to pick up the beer bottles, and I also had to make their 'hang over cure' medicine the next morning. If I didn't do all of that I would have gotten beaten." I said pausing to catch a breath.

"That's terrible!!" James says irritatedly.

"Yeah I know, but I'm not done" I said smiling towards him.

"Oh. Well go ahead then" he says jokingly.

"If I talked back to them I got beat, if I looked them in the eyes, I got beat. If their food wasn't how they wanted it, I got beat. Basically if I looked at them, spoke to them, or if I acted hurt, they beat me. They told me that if I told anyone, that I would get a huge beating and they would hit the person I told too." I said. Just then I started crying. "Just yesterday, I came home late and my father, h-h-he kick me and yanked me up by my hair and dragged me up the steps into my room and continued to beat me..my mother came in and yanked me to her room by my hair and dragged me across their room to the curling iron..t-t-then m-my mother she burned me for 5 seconds. She just pressed it against my skin and-" I paused as I sobbed. I felt James carefully hug me and rub my opposite arm. "-and then she said she did that because I tried to run away-which I did-but she burned me so that I could learn my lesson. And I had to call my parents 'mother' or 'father' if I called them anything else such as 'mom' or 'dad' they would beat me. I usually just called them 'ma'am' and 'sir' because I didn't want to accidentally call them 'mom' or 'dad'." I finished. I held my head down low and cried. James was hugging me and I laid my head on his shoulder just crying and crying. He let me cry. He shirt was getting soaked from my tears. But I felt better now that I told him. After about 15 more minutes of me crying. He looked at me and asked. "Are you okay now? Do you feel better now that you told me?"

"Yes. I feel much better. Thank you James" I say. I love him so much. And with that we both fell asleep.