Broken

I look around the hallway. It's hard to see with all the water in my eyes. I run past all the crowded people.

"Taylor wait!" I hear James yell. I don't listen I keep running.

"Taylor!" I hear Kate yell. I run and run. I squeeze through all the people I run out of the front door. I'm breathing really heavy. I'm shaking. I look up into the sky. I can't help but scream. I scream on the top of my lungs.

"What else do you want from me?" I ask the sky. I'm shaking as I sit on the porch and curl into a ball. My head is in my arms. I try and catch my breath, but I can't. I'm sobbing. I can't believe he would do this to me. I knew him for so long, and he goes behind my back and does that! I clench my fists. I look around the front yard. I spot a tree. Best way to get your anger out is to hit a tree with a bat...the only bat I had was my 'back up' bat..screw it. I run over to the tree. I look at my hands I start punching the tree softly, then gradually punch the tree harder. Max is a jerk. *punch punch* I can't *punch* believe *punch punch* he did *punch* this to me!! *punch punch punch* I hate him so much. I continuously punch the tree in between words. I'm so mad, I'm now saying the words out loud.

"I CANT-" *punch* "BELIEVE YOU" *punch* "I HATE YOU" *punch punch* "SO MUCH!" *punch punch* I scream those words over and over as my knuckles turn red. The tree also turns red. I can't feel my knuckles, but I'm still mad. I keep punching the tree. But now, I add in a few kicks.

"I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" *punch punch kick* "GO DIG A HOLE!" *punch punch* I keep yelling words and punching the tree. The tree is red, but the red is flowing. My hands are also red. Not just my knuckles, but also my fingers.

"WHY DID I EVER" *punch punch* "HAVE TO MEET YOU!?!" *4 punches with 2 kicks* "YOU ARE THE MOST DISGUSTING" *punch punch* MOST UNCARING PERSON ON PLANET EARTH!!" I yell. I pull my hand back to hit the tree again, when I get swooped from the waist. I'm flailing my arms, because I wasn't done punching the tree. I'm still angry.

"Taylor. Shhh-calm down." I hear James say. I noticed I'm breathing heavy, and I'm still shaking. James doesn't hug me. He knows I'm angry. He sets me on the ground and I fall to my knees crying.

"Taylor." May says. I'm crying. I'm trying to control my breathing but I can't.

"H-He..." I start.

"We know Taylor." Kate says. I clench my fists again and I stand up. I start running towards the tree again when James grabs me by the waist and lays me over his shoulder.

"James! Let me go!" I scream.

"Taylor. Stop. You can't keep hitting the tree." James says. A tear rolls down my cheek.

"Why!" I ask him.

"Look at your hands." He says. I look at my knuckles. They are covered in a dark red liquid. My knuckles are not hurting. It's not just my knuckles. My fingers are red too. So is my palm. My palm has little lines in them. I guess from when I clenched my fists, my nails dug into my palm. My entire hands are red.

"Let me go!" I yell.

"Taylor I can't. Look at the tree." He says. I look at the tree. It's kind of dark, but you can still see the dark red liquid all over the tree trunk. It's dripping down the tree into the grass. There's even a dent in the tree.

"I can't let you hurt yourself. Therefor you stay on my shoulder until you calm down." He says.

"How can I calm down?.." I ask quietly.

"My best friend just 'had fun' with the girl that bullied me. The girl that made my school AND home hell. You would think going to school that I would get a break from my parents, no. Nope. That's not what happened. I came to school and had her to deal with. School was the only place I could count on and she had to ruin it! I don't know what he wants from me!!" I yell screaming up into the sky.

"Taylor. You know God. He doesn't want anything from you." May says quietly with tears in her eyes.

"Then why does this happen to me?! Why am I the one to be punished!" I yell.

"Hey. It's alright. God doesn't do this. You know who does this. God just lets it happen, because in the long run, it makes you stronger. You are the strongest person I have ever met Taylor. We are all here for you. Yes, Max is a jerk, and he will find that out the hard way. Right now, you need to focus on why you're here and who all is here with you to help you." Kate says. Everything she said was true. It wasn't Gods fault. I will get stronger and Max is a jerk. I just-I still can't believe he did that to me. Instead of being angry, I start crying. My body shakes while I'm still on James shoulder. He notices that and pulls me down into a hug. I lay my head on his shoulder and cry. I feel May and Kate rub my back. I'm crying on James's shirt once again. Kate and May leave to go home and James takes me to his truck. We get in the truck and start heading home. Nobody talks. The entire time there I was crying, I actually haven't stopped crying. I could feel James look over in my direction every once in a while, but I didn't care. We are park the truck and walked inside. I walked straight up to the room and sat on the bed. I opened the drawer and pulled out a binder of pictures. One single tear slides down my cheek and onto the binder as I read the cover...

'My middle school life' I admire the cover. It's pink..my used to be favorite color. I flip the first page. It's Max and I at the school party together. I remember we had such a great time together. We had so much fun, I spilt juice on my dress and ruined it. I flip the next page, and the next. I feel someone in the room but I keep looking at the pictures. This picture was special..this picture was a picture of Sam, Max, Kate, May, Julie (Sam's friend), Hana (Sam's friend), and I. This was the last picture of Sam before she died. This was the day before we had to leave for Hawaii. My eyes fill up again with tears. They slide down my cheeks as James sits down besides me.

"Can you help me?" I ask him looking at the pictures.

"Sure babe. With what?" He asks. I flip to the first page. I rip out the picture of Max. I flip from page to page ripping Max's pictures from my book. When I finished ripping pictures with Max's face on them (except the one with Sam) I hold them in my hand. That's a lot of pictures. I hand them to James.

"C-Can you throw those away for me?" I ask him. He nods and walks away. I cry as I remember what Max did to me. James comes back in the room. He comes to me and puts wrap around my knuckles. He then stands up and walks into the bathroom. I put my binder away, slip off the dress and shoes-leaving my sports bra and shorts. I lay in the bed and cover up with the blankets. I don't even bother touching my phone. That's the last thing I remember before drifting off to sleep.